“Hot water not an option”

Days Inn Watford Gap
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I was allocated a disabilty room on the ground floor. This was not a requirement of mine but the room was spacious and well apponted. However the water from the hot tap did not get hot. Seemingly the room allocated to me is at the end of the pipework feed and 'you need to leave it running for 'about ten minutes' before it runs warm. This is a disgrace in a room for the disabled who, unlike me could nip in and out of the shower, which I did, in a matter of seconds.
The receptionist who, herself, has to wait 'ten minutes' to get hot water in the reception washroom, advised that she would tell maintenance so hopefully it should be sorted soon

Room Tip: If you are on the ground floor near reception and in a disability room - then check to see how long...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Days Inn G, General Manager at Days Inn Watford Gap, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry that you were unhappy with your stay, please be assured we will be working hard to fix the problem you experienced, thank you for letting us know. I do hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 26 January 2017

I stayed in this hotel whilst travelling a long distance. I was looking for a simple, budget hotel near the motorway that I could arrive at late and leave early. The room I stayed in was basic, but had all the facilities I would expect. My check-in was swift and I just needed to drop a key off before I left.

Only problem I had was that the southbound M1 was closed and I was diverted off 3.5 miles before the services. It was not clear how to get to the hotel in these circumstances, so I went to the next junction south (some 8 miles) and then north to get on the Northbound services. If I'd have known the area, or there was more access information in advance, I would have realised I could access the service area from the side roads (off the A5) saving a 16-mile round-trip.

Room Tip: Check access to the hotel in case of night motorway closure
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Days Inn G, General Manager at Days Inn Watford Gap, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Thank you for your review. Please be assured we are working on the issue you experienced. I do hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Our room was spacious and very clean . The bathroom was very clean as well . Bed comfortable. Got it on a offer and was pleasantly surprised .Not used a days Inn before but will definitely use again .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Days Inn G, General Manager at Days Inn Watford Gap, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Thankyou for your lovely review, i'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed for 3 night this week. My first night (Monday) was on a seperate reservation and was in room 1- a very spacious ground floor room,the other 2 nights were in room 26 on the 1st floor which isnt as large but still big enough for what it is.
Both rooms were very clean and had a comfortable bed, hospitality tray and clean bathrooms with excellent water pressure (if you run a bath dont leave it as it fills very quickly!)
Room 26 was a little tattier and could have done with a new carpet as it was very worn.
Both had flatscreen tvs, however they are small and theres no television guide which is very inconvenient.
My main gripe with this hotel was that my room wasnt serviced during the day between my 2 night stay which is a basic expectation for any hotel.
Otherwise its a perfectly adequate hotel for breaking up a journey or for work- the adjoining services have plenty of facilities.
Whilst i wouldnt return out of choice as such, i wouldnt hesitate to stay again if the need arose.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Please be assured we will work hard to resolve your issue you experienced. I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watford
5.7 km away
8.8 km away
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
8.4 km away
De Vere Staverton Estate

Been to Days Inn Watford Gap? Share your experiences!