“Great evening of R&R”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bangor, Maine
“Great evening of R&R”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I took my fiance to the Brewster Inn to celebrate our anniversary while getting away from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives.

The Inn itself is beautiful and full of history, the innkeepers (Mark & Judith) provide a lovely history sheet in the room that allows you to become more acquainted with the inn.

The room (the Honeymoon Suite) was spacious yet cozy. The fireplace adds warmth as well as ambience. The whirlpool tub is fantastic to soak in and is definitely a great selling point for this room. One of my favorite parts of the room is the bookshelves that have a great variety of new and old books to peruse at your leisure. We both loved the overall atmosphere of the room.

Breakfast was delicious. Our daily "hot dish" was orange stuffed french toast. There were also breakfast staples offered (orange juice, milk, tea, coffee, bagels/toast, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, etc) so there is something for everyone to be had.

We will definitely be returning to Brewster Inn in the future.

Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kylie P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Gilford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband Mark and i stayed at the Brewster Inn this weekend while visiting in Palmyra. We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, we were used to staying in upscale hotels but there wasn't any of those kind of hotels in that area so we decided to stay at The Brewster Inn. I was a little uneasy about staying in a bed and breakfast. When we met Mark and his wife Judith they assured us that our stay at there Inn would be a wonderful experiance and they were right. We stayed in the deluxe queen room on the first floor, the room was incredible with all of the history of years gone by. The enclosed porch/sunroom on the front of the house was warm and cozy, the livingroom was breath taking with all of the original character that this mansion has to offer. The room gave a sense of comfort with the nostalgic decor and warm colors. Breakfast was very good and the dinningroom atmosphere was warm and friendly, it was like having breakfast with friends and family. Mark and Judith have done an incredible job making all of their guests comfortable in a friendly but lavish atomsphere. I would like to thank Mark and Judith for making our first experiance at a bed and breakfast an unforgetable one. We will be staying at The Brewster Inn every time we are in Palmyra from now on and would encourage all travelers visiting this part of Maine to stay there also. Thanks again to Mark and Judith for a wonderful experiance. Mark and Lyn

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda E
Oviedo,Fl
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We only spent one night at The Brewester Inn on our way to Bangor International Airport . The Inn is a much better choice than a hotel in Bangor and is less than 45 minutes from the airport . Mark and Judith have restored the former governors mansion and grounds and have reclaimed much of its past magnificence. They were excellent host and were there to at all times to meet the needs of the guest .If we are in the area again we would stay at The Brewster Inn but would likely ask for a different room .Our room and bath was adequate ,clean,comfortable,quiet and nicely furnished but very small. The price was very reasonable.A beautiful living room was available for guests to share and interact with each other and Mark and Judith. The large grounds surrounding the the Inn were beautiful . One can only imagine the past events at the mansion. The breakfast served was OK but did not measure up to other BB we stayed in while visiting New England. It was more like a continental breakfast at a hotel -a disappointment . The town of Dexter is a small and appears very depressed economically . Many of the old homes and buildings in the city are declining and badly in need of maintenance.The nicest place we saw was the beautiful Brewster Inn.

Room Tip: Ask about room size.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed there on business. Make sure to a request a room with good wireless signal. There is a great little gym across the street and the owners are extremely helpful.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank babel39
League City, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Brewster Inn. The first thing I saw when I drove up was a beautiful Brewster Inn sign. The house is gorgeous and obviously well maintained. Mark, the host and owner was waiting at the door to greet us and help us with our luggage. The Brewster Inn has a great history! I stayed in the same room that Harry Truman stayed in! Mark and Judith were very friendly. Mark sat with me and helped us plan out the sites that we HAD to see while on our way to our next destination. The gardens in the back were gorgeous! It was a lovely time and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dexter
27.7 km away
23.1 km away
Peaks Kenny Motor Lodge
Peaks Kenny Motor Lodge
#4 of 4 in Dover Foxcroft

Been to The Brewster Inn? Share your experiences!