“Homestyle 🍳 Cooking!”
Review of Cobscook Bay Cafe

Cobscook Bay Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This cozy restaurant, way off the beaten path, makes delicious home-cooked food, that is perfect! This restaurant features 2 large & 2 smaller tables with a counter for about 6 people in a very homey place. We had breakfast here every day for 4 days while we were camped nearby. One our last day camping, I ordered blueberry pancakes that I didn't expect to be the size of a dinner plate!!! I had said to the waitress I only wanted one, so the cook made a humongous pancake for me! Wow! Absolutely delightful place! And their crabmeat roll special for $9.99 was incredible as the crabmeat overflowed the roll! Amazing!

1  Thank quilterlady83

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Be advised that their hours are very limited and unpredictable. They are open for breakfast and stay open until ....well, that is unclear. What is certain is that everything is homemade, filling, inexpensive, and very tasty. I dine here regularly and have never been disappointed. During a recent trip, I had sausage gravy and biscuits, a crab omelette, and home fries. The omelette was absolutely stuffed with chunks if real crab. The omelette itself was cooked just right; moist and well seasoned. The home fries with onions were fantastic. They ate always my favorite part of Cobscook Cafe. It was my first time having their sausage and biscuits. The sausage gravy was my least favorite item. IMHO, the sausage used was high on the sage content. That overpowered the cream and the biscuit. It is the only thing I have had there that I wouldn't order again.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Local restaurant with good food for breakfast and lunch. We always stop in when we're at the state park.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Diner breakfasts are my favorite, and Millie's place does not disappoint. My husband and I stopped, with our three sons, and enjoyed omelettes, oatmeal, and coffee. My nine year old, who usually skips the toast, took one look at the homemade white and made off with half of mine!
You'd be hard-pressed not to marvel at how efficiently Millie works, from order-taking, to washing dishes in between customers. Because the grill, sink, register, etc. are all on display, it gave my kids a good opportunity to appreciate all the hard work that goes into fixing someone else breakfast. We look forward to stopping again!

1  Thank darcymatissa
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast place - inexpensive with great food - loved the raspberry pancakes and ham and cheese omelet!!!