“Delicious Breakfast ”
Review of Cobscook Bay Cafe

Cobscook Bay Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Be advised that their hours are very limited and unpredictable. They are open for breakfast and stay open until ....well, that is unclear. What is certain is that everything is homemade, filling, inexpensive, and very tasty. I dine here regularly and have never been disappointed. During a recent trip, I had sausage gravy and biscuits, a crab omelette, and home fries. The omelette was absolutely stuffed with chunks if real crab. The omelette itself was cooked just right; moist and well seasoned. The home fries with onions were fantastic. They ate always my favorite part of Cobscook Cafe. It was my first time having their sausage and biscuits. The sausage gravy was my least favorite item. IMHO, the sausage used was high on the sage content. That overpowered the cream and the biscuit. It is the only thing I have had there that I wouldn't order again.

1  Thank William C

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Local restaurant with good food for breakfast and lunch. We always stop in when we're at the state park.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Diner breakfasts are my favorite, and Millie's place does not disappoint. My husband and I stopped, with our three sons, and enjoyed omelettes, oatmeal, and coffee. My nine year old, who usually skips the toast, took one look at the homemade white and made off with half of mine!
You'd be hard-pressed not to marvel at how efficiently Millie works, from order-taking, to washing dishes in between customers. Because the grill, sink, register, etc. are all on display, it gave my kids a good opportunity to appreciate all the hard work that goes into fixing someone else breakfast. We look forward to stopping again!

1  Thank Aileen P
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast place - inexpensive with great food - loved the raspberry pancakes and ham and cheese omelet!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We heard about "Millie's" from a local and went two days in a row. A great amount of delicious food for very reasonable prices. Portions are big so order small or split your meal. Very friendly in there - staff and locals. Kitchen is right behind counter so you can see it all. Homemade bread and the second day they had just made biscuits that were fabulous. My friend had a raspberry pancake that was bigger than the plate so we all had some and it was fabulous. Not sure why others reviewed pancakes as a negative - we all thought it was the best pancake we'd ever had. Real maple syrup too! Two eggs, bacon, two big pieces of homemade bread toast for $3.50!! Home fries were great too.