All reviews vintage room rooftop bar bar manager boutique hotel heated bathroom floors charming balcony soaking tub gas fireplace included coffee fantastic shower drinks and small plates packard dealership lovely boutique signature cocktails amazing hotel hotel bathroom camden hotel
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I recently stayed in Camden at 16 Bayview and loved the hotel, the staff, the service and the rooms. Kudos to Matthew and his team for such a warm welcome and for so many thoughtful details. I loved the easy to use fireplace in my room and sent pictures home to my wife of the truly gorgeous black marble bathrooms. The multi-head shower was a nice treat. My room was a part of the old vehicle showroom and the floors from the show room were preserved and made a lovely historic feature. I did leave my sleeping clothes behind in a drawer and the team gladly sent them to me the same day I noticed that I forgot them.

Room Tip: My room had a fireplace and balcony that were really nice. Room 26.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear James H H,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! No corners are cut here at 16 Bay View, and we are glad that you noticed the attention the detail that make our rooms feel so luxurious and comfortable. The gas fireplaces and rain showerheads are excellent highlights of what our rooms have to offer. Thank you so much for the generous words on our staff and service. I will share this with the rest of the team as we are always excited to receive great feedback! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I was fortunate enough to spend two nights at 16 Bay View this past week and loved everything it has to offer. Had time permitted, I would have slept for ages in those beds as they were the most comfortable I've slept in, in a long time. The historic nature of the building was not lost during the renovation a few years back and the best details were preserved for the hotel. I was impressed by the space of the lobby and the windows looking out at Camden town were a great place to work and drink coffee on a rainy afternoon.

I don't believe there is a better roof top bar in all of Maine. That view is just stunning and a great way to take in the evening. Everyone working at the hotel was in sync and the atmosphere is a clear reflection of the hard working managers. I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Bay Side!! 32 or 33
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Anthony D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review! Your comments on everything from our beds to our lobby and bar areas are
greatly appreciated. One focus during construction was to leave some of the original architecture and pay homage to what this building once was with old canvas photos hung throughout the hotel. Everyone involved plays a large role in making sure that all guests are dazzled from the moment they step inside to the moment they depart. We are all very excited to hear you had such a fantastic experience, and can't wait for you to return!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I needed a one night stop over on my way to Islesboro that had foot access to good restaurants . After a long drive I arrived and parked readily. I was pleasantly surprised when I found my room (king suite with bay view). I sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view for a bit, but soon found the wine bar, The Vintage Room, in the lobby calling my name.
The wine bar is a comfortable spot to have cocktails and small plates, and wine. The wine was hand selected by the bar manager/bar tender and the several wines I tried were very palatable. The apps were also very tasty. I then walked 30 steps to dinner at a nice restaurant on the water. After which I walked 15 steps to after dinner drinks at another nice restaurant on the water (the rooftop bar at 16 Bay View was not yet open for the season). There are several restaurants and little shops in this dead end waterfront development (I believe the property is all owned by the same company), which makes this quick transitioning possible. I arrived back at my room to sleep soundly. I awoke to enjoy the high tech shower and an early lunch at a restaurant 20 paces away... I plan to return this Summer and do it all over again, except with the inclusion of the rooftop bar.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear M J,

Thank you so much for the great review of your stay with us at 16 Bay View! Our premier location is perfect for anyone looking to just park
the car and forget about it, with nearly a dozen restaurants and many more shops within easy walking distance. Thank you for your compliments on our lobby bar, The Vintage Room. Our chef Andrea works very hard to keep our menu fresh and delicious! We can't wait for you to return soon and experience it all over again along our crown jewel, The View Terrace and Bar! Thank you again for choosing us, and for your time writing us a review.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at 16 Bay View. The room was lovely but the view was why we stayed in a harbor view room. Even though it was a drizzly day, we enjoyed walking around the town and then coming back and watching the water.

Room Tip: Get the View~
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Spinmom1,

Thank you for taking a moment to write us a review! Sometimes a light drizzle can add to the coziness of Camden, and I'm glad you enjoyed relaxing on your balcony during your stay! Thank you for the compliment on our rooms as well as our premier downtown location. We look forward to seeing you the next time you stay in Camden.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Great location. Right on Camden Harbor. In the heart of "everything Camden" Rooms are very well appointed right down to the heated bathroom floor. Very comfortable room. Helpful and friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2018
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Greetings Jeff!

Thank you for giving us a perfect review! I'm very glad to hear you found your room to be comfortable and our staff friendly. Those are two
of our most important goals when we welcome a guest into our hotel. We hope to see you back in the near future, and thank you again for taking the time to review your stay!