“Super friendly service and great food”
Review of Cappy's Chowder House - CLOSED

Cappy's Chowder House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Norwich, CT
“Super friendly service and great food”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

If you like character, this is the place for you. A quaint bar/restaurant filled with fishermans' relics and old photos that really spell Maine. It kind of shocked us that lunch for four came to nearly $85 but it is what it is. Our server was the greatest so we didn't mind the extra cost!

Visited April 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Chowdah!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were immediately welcomed when we arrived. Our server was friendly and had a good sense of humor. Though the oyster crackers were a little dry for my taste, the corn chowder was delicious! Cappy's menu surpassed my expectations. While I opted for the more simple pepper blackened bleu cheese burger and sweet potato fries (yum), the variety was impressive. Great beer rounded out a good meal. This is a must visit when in Camden.

• Visited March 2012
Rockport, Maine
“chowder was a flop”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am a chowder fanatic, and was really disappointed. I thought a chowder house was going to have great chowder-not so much. It tasted like it was canned and doctored. I went one time and haven't been back. Great location though!

Visited March 2012
maine
“Still love it”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We have been eating here for more than 20 years. We always feel welcome by the friendly staff and atmosphere. Food is always good solid and reliable. Try it you will like it .

Visited February 2012
Rutland, Massachusetts
“Great Dinner - Better Atmosphere!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stopped into Cappy's on a Sunday evening for dinner. We walked into a warm friendly pub style atmosphere with a small but great menu. My wife and I both ordered the "Large Mug" of chowder (due to the name - you have no choice!) and were impressed but not overly wowed. We are from New England so we know great chowder. It was good but not great - We both like our chowder on the thicker side with more clams/potatoes... Don't be fooled by the mug, once we dived into the chowder we both wished we ordered the small!

The main course - I had a Rueben - buit with Haddock inplace of Corned Beef and it was Fantastic. Who ever would have thought of putting fish with saurkraut must have been nuts but it was delicious. My wife ordered the grilled cheese and was perfect for the chilly evening. We will be back next time we are in Camden!

• Visited February 2012