“Well-kept secret.”
Review of Border Town Subz

Border Town Subz
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Calais
Reviewed 10 May 2017

My Tuesday lunch friend and I ate here yesterday, simply because we were too tired to look anywhere else. What a pleasant surprise. Nothin' fancy, but it was very nice - clean and attractive. I asked that the ingredients of a sub be made into a salad for me - no bread. I got a very generous serving of a lovely "salad". I couldn't have been more pleased. I told the couple behind the counter to put it on their regular menu, as I would be ordering it again. My friend liked her Chicken stew, too.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to have lunch with my family. There were 6 of us and we all ordered different things. Everyone said the food was great. HUGE portions! The prices weren't bad either. It's a cute place and very clean. The service was great as well. Totally recommend!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Want the best sub you ever had in your life? Then eat one of theirs! My wife and I shared a large Dagwood, with added roast beef ($1 extra). All totaled it was $10 or $11 and was so big that my wife and I were both stuffed. The fresh ingredients and buns were delicious. The place is clean and well located and the staff were friendly (we were greeted by smiles). Closed on Sundays though, but everybody needs a day off don't they? What's that? Addicted to Subway you say? Not after you eat here you won't be! Because this is the home of subs the way they are supposed to be. Try it and you will see for yourself. I can't wait to go back again next time we are in Calais!

1  Thank NBfamily
Reviewed 5 July 2016

My wife gives it a 3, but I give it a 5. I like that kind of spot on a cute little street. The service was excellent and my sizzling chicken plus bacon was super. The bread was top notch (it could not have been better). My wife didn't like the (process) chicken.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

quick lunch here with my daughter before going over the border...great fries....and my sub was good and stuffed