“Great subs”
Review of Border Town Subz

Border Town Subz
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Calais
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to have lunch with my family. There were 6 of us and we all ordered different things. Everyone said the food was great. HUGE portions! The prices weren't bad either. It's a cute place and very clean. The service was great as well. Totally recommend!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Want the best sub you ever had in your life? Then eat one of theirs! My wife and I shared a large Dagwood, with added roast beef ($1 extra). All totaled it was $10 or $11 and was so big that my wife and I were both stuffed. The fresh ingredients and buns were delicious. The place is clean and well located and the staff were friendly (we were greeted by smiles). Closed on Sundays though, but everybody needs a day off don't they? What's that? Addicted to Subway you say? Not after you eat here you won't be! Because this is the home of subs the way they are supposed to be. Try it and you will see for yourself. I can't wait to go back again next time we are in Calais!

1  Thank NBfamily
Reviewed 5 July 2016

My wife gives it a 3, but I give it a 5. I like that kind of spot on a cute little street. The service was excellent and my sizzling chicken plus bacon was super. The bread was top notch (it could not have been better). My wife didn't like the (process) chicken.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

quick lunch here with my daughter before going over the border...great fries....and my sub was good and stuffed

Reviewed 23 March 2016

I was here last year, shortly after the change in management from the mother-daughter who used to own it, and my experience was awful - the owner was working and took names with orders. I ordered two 12" Sir Dagwoods, and when the orders came up, the owner said the type of sub rather then the name. Incognito - okay. Another guy took his order and left, which was strange since I ordered before him. I took the next Sir Dagwood order, and there was only one. I asked for my second sandwich and the owner was mad at ME that the other guy had taken my order. I told him I was wondering why he was serving the other guy first! I decided to give them time to get used to their new business. Today, I went in, and there was a big sign beside the door that said "Wednesday Special". The place was deserted. I went to the counter and asked for the sub special, buy a 12" and get a 6% half price. The clerk said that she could make me a pizza but it would cost more than on the sign, she had no idea why "He" kept the sign there, it was only valid when the sign was outside, etc etc etc. I looked around for the candid camera, then I ordered one 12" sub. The nice clerk took my credit card, rung in the order, used the cash machine, and then went off to make the sandwich WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS OR USING GLOVES. I chucked the sammy in the bin, and I won't be back.

2  Thank moshera