“Worth the Stop! ”

Wickachee Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Calais
Cuisines: American
Description: The outdoor sign shows it as Wickachee Dining Room but it is on the Internet as Wickachee Restaurant.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We were driving up Route 1 through Maine and decided to stop here for some breakfast. We were happy we did! Our waitress (wish I remembered her name) was friendly & attentive! My husband and I ordered the hash, eggs, toast & potatoes. Everything was cooked perfectly to order, but the hash was so aaaamaaaazing! The food came out quickly and was reasonably priced ($7.95 a plate). Glad that we stopped!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Our stop at Wickachee's dining room was while we were on our way through Maine to Canada and needed a light bite to eat. My lobster salad was very good and the waiter was congenial and efficient. My husband had a cup (actually a bowl-size) of hamburger-vegetable soup and a chef salad. Both were okay but a little disappointing in the salad. The specials all sounded good and if we'd been needing a heavier meal we would have opted for one of them.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of our favorite stops while we are on vacation. We ordered the turkey dinner which was very good. It comes with all the trimmings, with yummy homemade rolls and the best tasting squash I have ever had. All the servers are awesome. Rick was very personable and answered all our questions. We look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I have been to the Wickachee on occasion when I had walked out of another local restaurant, very disappointed. But the Wickachee could NEVER disappoint. Good ole home cooked food, served up in a homey and comforting atmosphere, with a touch of class. Lovely chowdah in swimming-pool-sized bowls is a speciality. A great place to come after church, or at dinnertime. The kind of place where you can order a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and get stuffed.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Because we were there early to their tourist season, we were treated to being waited on by the owner's son Rick who took the time to get to know us and treated us like an old friend. The food is excellent, although a little pricier than I usually am attracted to but well worth the price. Portion sizes were above average which helps offset the pricing. The tea was excellent and the prime rib was too. We ate there both for lunch and then for dinner and left there more than satisfied. I will most definitely eat there the next time I am in the area no matter what the price.

1  Thank Dudley M