“Horrendous”

Wickachee Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Calais
Cuisines: American
Description: The outdoor sign shows it as Wickachee Dining Room but it is on the Internet as Wickachee Restaurant.
Reviewed 16 March 2017

My first, and undoubtedly last, visit was horrendous. Upon walking in, we waited several minutes before being acknowledged by a waitress who told us to seat ourselves. We looked for a table throughout the entire restaurant, which was empty with the exception of two other couples, and were forced to settle for the 'least dirty' table. The same waitress came over and wiped down the table; however, left behind the silverware that had already been placed on the dirty surface. There was a cup and saucer place in front of me. The cup had a piece of lettuce crusted onto it and the saucer had coffee spots. My husband's knife had food left behind on it from a poor wash job. We both had the first and chips. The fries were heavily salted and the fish was soggy. The waitress was frantically running from table to table (mind you, there were only 3 couples in the entire restaurant) and the restaurant owner was found having a loud conversation on the phone in the dining area. Overall, it was an awful experience and a waste of time and money.

1  Thank tylerspickle

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Got a new waitress We were her firstcustomers She tried so hard to do a good job she read of the specials and said the words prime rib which I love and cant always get in Canada I asked her if it was roast or steak and she said steak so I didn"t order it I found out as I was leaving it was roast prime rib. I couldn t get mad I enjoyed what I had and the good service the Hot Turkey Sandwich with mashed and gravy and squash. My daughter go a club sandwich which she enjoyed Would recommend this restaurant anytime

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Good location and nice interior. We had breakfast there twice and lunch once. Close enough to Redclyff Motor Inn to be convient. Food good and so was service.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We had lunch here yesterday on a friend's recommendation.
I actually a breakfast, my wife and chef's salad. Both were beautifully presented and of good quality. Service was very attentive. We were well pleased with the value proposition. Not fine dining but good family style meals.
Will definitely be back for casual stylemail meals when in the area.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

During our drive south down route 1 we had both dinner and breakfast as we were staying next door at the International Motel. It was reasonably busy but tables or booths were available. A very wide selection of food was on offer and the waitress was both friendly and helpful with suggestions on side etc. Both the beef dinner and breakfast of eggs and home fries was both delicious and filling.