“Consistently good”

MacLeod's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Bucksport
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the center of downtown Bucksport in the historic Bradley Block building, just a short walk from the town dock. MacLeod's has been a landmark restaurant in the midcoast area for over 30 years specializing in fresh seafood and aged steaks and comfort food. Known for delicious burgers, soups and chowders.Dress is casual, children's menu available, air conditioning and full bar with local micro brews available.
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I've been going to MacLeod's since 2004. They've scaled down the menu which was a positive change. Good food, attentive service.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My wife and I were glad to see that MacLeod's Restaurant was still thriving in Bucksport when we visited there recently. Its central location in Bucksport is helpful, and although there is no parking lot for MacLeod's, on-street parking is plentiful.
We dined two evenings at MacLeod's - I enjoyed the meatloaf one evening and the chicken picatta another, both very good. My wife had the grilled salmon and the prime rib, also very good. Service was a little bit erratic but very cordial - would recommend to any Bucksport visitor. Very surprising to see the activity level on a Monday and Tuesday evening......fairly busy both evenings. Not 100% sure if they take reservations, but might be worth a call if you plan to dine there on a weekend.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This is my favorite restaurant here! I've become something of a regular as it's the best food with the friendliest service around. This is a family-owned and operated business, and you can tell. Everyone knows how to provide great service. Every dish I've tried here is excellent, and there's quite a variety. The decor in the restaurant shows off some interesting Bucksport history along with their family history. Whether it's for a quick bite, a drink after work, or date night, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We chose MacLeod's for dinner with friends because their online menu promises vegan offerings: mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes with Smart Balance, collards, and steamed fresh vegetables. The reality: mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes had butter; they were out of collards; and there was no Smart Balance for the baked potato. The fresh vegetable was corn on the cob. I have a corn allergy. The mushroom and spinach salad was good paired with a baked potato but no other option than butter was available.
The others in our group were happy with their meals. Two had broiled haddock, one had a lobster roll, made specially at dinner, one had the Thai noodles with peanut sauce, and all said their dinners were good. The dessert eaters opted for the blueberry pie a la mode and said it was very good. The atmosphere is very pleasant and no one hurried us as we sat and talked after dinner. I would love to go back if there were truly vegan options. As it is, they need to change their online menu or make the vegan offerings available.

Our server was attentive and made two trips to the kitchen to ask questions about ingredients, which we appreciated. The wine server was also very pleasant. It may be trivial but when one of the party asked for a box to take home the rest of her dinner, the server brought it to the table for her to scrape her food into. At a fine restaurant, one would expect that the kitchen would put the food in a box for her.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Old New England atmosphere and nice service made for a really pleasant evening. I really enjoyed my haddock which was oven fried and super-fresh. The side dishes were tasty and the portions were large. I felt like I was in New England and in a place that really knew how to prepare and serve fresh fish.