4,976 results
All reviews lima limon pedro luis caribbean grill rick's bar outdoor shower infinity pool suite mi hotelito beach butler exotic members peruvian restaurant man made island honeymoon suite beach beds small resort sky massage breakfast and lunch rueben
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Finding the resort that fits what you would like to do on vacation is the key to happiness. This resort is peaceful, beautiful, quiet, and rooms are well appointed. Service is professional, attentive. What it is not: large, party destination, not full of activities. Great for romance, food experiences, and slowing down. Put away the cell phone and prepare to be pampered. And while you are there look up the following people who will take great care of you: Luis in reception, Augustine at Pepitos, Dora, Armando and Manuel on the beach, and the server Raul.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Frego
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear Frego,

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience at El Dorado Maroma. We value the kind words you are leaving for the team and it is truly our pleasure to read you had an amazing time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

I booked the eldorado Maroma for a 50th birthday surprise for my partner. It was perfect because its very small boutique hotel.
I booked a swim up suite but upon arrival we were upgraded for free to the Generations Maroma. This suite was absolutely phenomenal!. The swim up at this suite meant we were not connected to main pool by lazy river - however during our holiday we were relieved - as the other swim ups are by the main pool, where games and entertainment takes place in the afternoon - we are quieter souls so we really pleased to be in this extra special block- so private , secluded and mostly had pool to ourselves.
Our concierge was Alan ( Alan I am so sorry for delay in the the review - i am hopeless !) . Alan was FANTASTIC. We arrived on the 14th and I had arranged on the 15th for my partners birthday, a couples sky massage, and a candle lit dinner on the beach ( YOU MUST DO THIS!!) On the 15th unfortunately ( and for 5 days after) we were hit with torrential rain. Alan swiftly moved our candle light booking to another night for us ( you could opt to have the meal in an exclusive part of the kiyoko restaurant - but I really wanted the dinner on the beach so switched the days)
for his birthday they put a lovely banner on the door - and delivered a birthday cake with happy birthday message on which was unexpected and a lovely touch .
We had the couples massage in doors due to the torrential rain and thunderstorm - it would not have been relaxing outside for a sky massage being blown about in a tropical storm. the massage was so lovely - but left us so sleepy we had to go for a nap - perfect!

Now - there were a LOT of people complaining about SEAWEED in the lagoon and it was fascinating to me that people cannot understand this is a NATURAL occurrence and the Caribbean coast had been hit badly over the early and later parts of 2015 - i am unsure if it is still like this. The hotel staff worked tirelessly to constantly be on seaweed clean up and i felt incredibly sad for them working so so hard to clean up - for the tide to come in and dump a load more the next day. this is a nature problem people - not the hotels fault! - but unfortunately some guests were complaining about the state of the beach/ sea.
In terms of complaints my only complaint was the poor treatment of staff by some guests and i hate to say - mostly americans, and my personal opinon is that they were coming across racist and treating some of the mexican staff appallingly. I had to bite my tongue on a few occasions. We were also tipping staff happily as they really do rely on the tips and are paid low in Mexico - i spoke to some Americans who said they do not and will not tip - "its there job to be nice to us". This for me was just an awful attitude to have. If you leave the comfort of this luxury hotel and see REAL mexico and see how poor it is - you may feel differently about tipping a small amount which could make a big difference to that member of staff (in my opinion)

Now the rain - it rained heavy for days and days - but this did not spoil it for us - the quiet pool bar for cocktails under cover and a quiet game of chess was enjoyable- and also days in our room / porch which was sheltered ordering rooms service ( which was delicious) reading a book. I unfortunately became ill with a tummy bug about 4 days in and the day before our Chitzenitza tour. My partner rang Alan who offered to get a doctor to see me if it continued as he was worried about dehydration. He reccomended TREDA tablets - and i reccomend you go straight to the gift shop and have them on hand for as soon as you feel a wave of cramps- this drug is a miracle drug - two doses right as rain. Can I also point out I drank bottled water and I in no means think this was anything to do with food at the hotel -it can be common for those with weaker stomachs to suffer from change in environment / heat and time zone. My partner ate same as me and did not get sick.
The only issues we ever had was we drank a LOT of bottled water and perhaps did not have the fridge stocked enough- so we would ring room service and request more and they swiftly would bring us drinks. We also spoke with Alan regarding this and after this we had a fully stocked fridge.

in terms of entertainment - we did not get involved with this - just because it is not us - we prefered a quiet meal then a game at the pool bar - then chill in our room - mainly as we were up so early every day. When the weather improved - relaxing on the beach with butlers bringing drinks was amazing. We used the free kiyiak to get across to the island ( away from the seaweed) and the sea was much clearer and it was lovely ( although I have irrational fear of sharks - so didnt go in far)

Trips - we did not book through the hotel - i booked them with a company prior to coming to mexico - and i will do a review on them separately - but the hotel do have an on site place to go and book your tours.

the restaurants were lovely - Lima limon which is new was okay, I found it not my favorite, it was lacking on the menu so limited choice, - but it was nice food what i did have. The italian has to be my favourite and we ate there most nights. We also had a lot of room service breakfasts ( waffles and syrup were amazing and I would have ate them daily if not for fear of not fitting in my bikini by end of week one!) the beach grill was really nice self serve - we went here for lunch a few times and really enjoyed the selection.

Now the exclusive members programme - you will be asked by concierge if you wish to do this - and i recommend you do. not only do you get to look at fantastic rooms - there is no obligation to sign up - and you get $150 voucher towards a candle light dinner - we had already had our dinner - so took it straight to reception who knocked this off my final bill. well worth the hour of our time - and it was lovely looking round the exclusive exotic rooms . I have to add although there is no hard selling - i was very keen and if we were in a position in life such as part time working or retired and could take more holidays a year- signing up to this programme would be very much worth your while!

Overall we were very very happy with the hotel and the staff. - a special mention to Gerrado who made up our room, left animal towels with little flowers daily - and i tipped him around £100 peso ( which really is not massive amount to us) and he left me a note that made me cry - thanking ME for everything! - so we left an extra tip for him at reception when we left. I hope Gerrado gets some recognition from this review as someone who really did go the extra mile.
Alan - massive thankyou to you . Alan wss absolutley fantastic Concierge - helped us set up the free wifi, helped with any issues, and often stopped by just to ask if we were happy .Also when I was unwell on day of departure - allowing us to stay in room till late in the day so I could lie down I will be eternally grateful for that alone ! Alan - Paul and Nat , thank you very very much for your work, and making sure our holiday was special.
All staff go above and beyond and it has to be said this is the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed at . Thankyou again to all at the Eldorado maroma - i so want to come back!!

Room Tip: genrations maroma swim ups for peace
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Natalie183
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear Natalie183,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about the property and the staff. Certainly, we recognize their hard work and they all add so much to El Dorado Maroma experience.

Also, we are delighted to read we were able to make a birthday celebration an excellent experience for both of you.

We wish you the best and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Wow...is the best way to describe the amazing white beaches of this location. We did NOT stay at the hotel, just visited the beach. 100 pesos ro enter and use the beach loungers, tables, waiters, etc, on the beach. Once thru their entrance, fee paid, parked, walk to the beach and be awed by the gorgeous visita. The water is amazing, walk the wite sandy beach for miles. And the food...great tasting and very moderately priced. The service on this day was, simply put, very bad. But we have had better service on the past. We will visit again but not 'tomorrow'. But a great place to experience.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank CookyM-G
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Dear CookyM-G,

Thank you for visiting and share your wonderful experience at El Dorado Maroma.

We look forward to your next visit and you would be able to enjoy staying with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Had a wonderful trip to EDM from the 1st to 22nd Dec and would like to say a big thank you to all the staff who really do make this hotel so special.
From the minute we stepped out of the airport to be greeted by Angel our Lomas driver with our Limousine right on time. Then we greeted by Innes and taken to out Beachfront Villa where she checked us in and unpacked all our things. Our Butlers were Innes & Fernanda and they were amazing literally left us to relax while they thought of everything we would need before we even new it! Including bringing us our favourite sweets, picnics on the beach with Champagne and teaching us some Spanish.
Our Villa was incredible with a phone to reach our Butlers and a computer in the room, we had some incredible meals cooked by Angelica in our room and also specials that she cooked for us in the Italian. Exar was a great waiter, as well as Miguel in Lima Limon amazing food with service second to none, Gave us great advice about the menu and drinks arrived without having to ask.
I became very ill whilst at EDM and the staff were amazing, Hilario the Life Guard saved my life he put me on oxygen and looked after me along with Ivan and Fernanda until the ambulance came. Looking after my panic stricken husband the whole time, told him what he need to take to the hospital and packed up the things I would need there, Fernanda stayed at the hospital translating and organising and making sure we were ok, beyond her job and stayed past her time to finish work.
Diego served us drinks on the beach with a smile and a little joke every 20mins and Diana took over when he finished.
The beach butlers Armando, Manuel & Fermin made sure everything on our beach bed was tidy, bought us picnics and hand towels to freshen up, nothing was too much trouble.
Entertaimant team were great always involving you in a game in the pool or quiz by the beach or a Spanish lesson with a twist, great fun.
Bar 24 was always well looked after by Dora who always smiled and new what you wanted, great service.
Alejandro Lopez the Manager looked after us every day he would smile and say Hola and have a little chat with us and check we were enjoying our holiday, nothing was too much trouble for anyone that works at this resort, will really miss them all.

Stayed: December 2015
4  Thank staceydob

Dear staceydob,

We apreciate for taking the time to recognize so many members of the staff, they all do a great work and add so much to the El Dorado Maroma experience.

It is my pleasure to help you as you deserve and we are very grateful that everything went well after all.

We hope you are feeling excellent and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

My husband and I had a great vacation at Maroma. A wonderful boutique style resort. The lush tropical landscaping is meticulously maintained. The staff is extremely attentive and the planned activities are fun. Alex, Alexia, Marco Camacho, Chris and DJ made sure of this.
The food is excellent. Since the resort is smaller it was great to have short walks to all the restaurants and pools.
Our personal concierges, Fernanda and Ines could not do enough for us. Elizabeth was great too.
I have never had anything but great experiences at Karisma Resorts.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank designdiva55
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear designdiva55,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at El Dorado Maroma. We are highly appreciative of the kind words you are leaving for the entretainmnet team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.