All reviews great location parking attendant breakfast buffet cabbage island hotel restaurant outer harbor tour boats middle of town bit dated watch the boats staff was very friendly and helpful whale watching a great place to stay lobster beautiful view of the harbor private deck booth bay
Reviewed 12 October 2018

If you want to relax and visit a true fishing village, come here. Don't expect a totally modern facility - this place is real - and true to the area. I love coming here - even though it is more than an 8 hour drive. Everyone that works here is so friendly and welcoming. Bill, the parking lot greeter, is awesome, and really set the tone from the moment I arrived! I stayed in the newly renovated suite on the 2nd floor - and the space is magnificent. LOTS of room, great views from all the windows, and really quiet (at least it was when I was there!). Enjoyed great food and beverages each time I ate there. Hated to leave!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Although this hotel is a little outdated, its perfect location, friendly staff, cleanliness and great breakfast made it the best choice we could have made for an overnight stay in the lovely Boothbay Harbour. It was certainly great value for money and the sea views from our room made the old-fashioned elements of the hotel fade into insignificance.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We stayed on the 3rd floor with a full harbor view. The room isn't modern and updated but clean and comfortable. It was quiet but I'm not sure if it would be as quiet as it was if there were more people staying there (it was late September). You can hear the activity on the docks below. We spent a pleasant couple hours in the late afternoon on the balcony watching the boats coming in and out of the harbor. The location is perfect. It's a close walk to pretty much every restaurant and shop in Boothbay Harbor. We were very happy to spend this part of our vacation here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2018

I hate giving 3-stars. I want to give more because the staff was so nice and accommodating. Unfortunately the property is just really in need of an upgrade. I realize it's very old and they are in the process of renovating, but it really needs it. The room felt like a cruise ship room with wood paneling, and a VERY musty smell. In their defense, the entire city has this same feel. Very touristy, mostly cruise ships coming in, which is unfortunate, because it's such a pretty location. This hotel is located in city center, which is nice, just that city center is not that exciting. We moved on to Bar Harbor afterward, and it was a much better fit for us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timaloney
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This hotel is all about its location. We had a room (224) which had a full harbour view. It sat over the water with your own balcony and gave amazing views of the comings and goings in Boothbay Harbor. The room was spacious but quite dated, especially the bathroom. The check-in desk staff were very friendly and efficient and the car park attendant was very helpful too. The breakfast was good though on our first day things were somewhat chaotic as hot food options, coffee and cutlery had run out and everyone was standing around waiting for new supplies. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant which I would describe as average at best. Overall though, we really enjoyed our stay here.

Room tip: Choose full harbor view rooms for the best views. We had 224.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Competajohn