“Highly Recommend...”
Review of McSeagull's

McSeagull's
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

A girlfriend and I decided to go to Mcseagulls after asking some locals where they recommended we go. They certainly pointed us in the right direction! This place was surely one of the best restaurants we went to on our whole trip! The drinks were amazing and certainly not weak by any means! I tried a Harbor Breeze cocktail (or maybe two) and YUM. My friend tried the strawberry mojito which was equally as good. We were having such a good time we decided to grab a table and stay for dinner. I opted for the blackened tuna and my girlfriend got the seared scallops.. both dishes were cooked to perfection and both were phenomenal. Took home a bowl of the clam chowder because the table next to us couldn't stop raving about it. I'm glad I did too because it was SO Good. Everything was absolutely delicious! Thoroughly impressed with their waitstaff as well. All incredibly attentive and helpful to everyone around them. I come up to Maine at least once a year and I can say they have earned themselves a forever Customer.

1  Thank Brittney S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Having been to Mcseagull's before and having one of the best dining experiences ever..there was no question where I was taking my family for lunch this year when visiting Boothbay!! My family and I sat under their covered patio with an awesome view of the harbor and received the same great service we always do! Our waitress Laina was amazing and super attentive. I had the gluten free seafood pizza, with a garlic and oil sauce, fresh mozzarella, topped with lobster, shrimp, scallops, and salmon. It was delicious and I would highly recommend ordering it! With good views, amazing service and exceptional food, this is definitely my favorite place in the area!!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I reviewed McSeagull's back on December 19, 2015, and it was truly awesome! We just went again for another lunch and we were very disappointed. I don't know what changed in the past almost 2 years but it was clearly not the same. Service was lacking. We waited nearly 45 minutes for our lunch. Had we seen that the place was full, then all would be understood. The deck was maybe half full and nearly empty in the dining rooms. I mean I was having a fish sandwich Haddock maybe and the wife was having Crab Cake tacos. Nothing too complicated. Food finally arrived and it could have been hotter. The sandwich could have been nicer. It was kinda thrown together. The waitress had told us that she couldn't understand what was taking so long. I believe that she forgot to put the order in when we first ordered. It was a few minutes she told us that our order would be down shortly. Which was another 15 minutes. The next time we saw the waitress was to make sure we received the check. So needless to say our anniversary lunch was a bust. We traveled quite aways with anticipation and excitement remembering our last visit only to be disappointed. The three strike rule applies though. We will either be back for a great time or a bust and then we will know where McSeagull's will stand with us.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Had lunch AND dinner here today. Town seems to be very quiet after Labor Day. Had great, friendly, attentive staff. Best fish and chips in town... I suggest you save room for the blueberry pie. Right when you walk in you feel as if you are a " local" Radu served a great bloody Mary, while Jackie ( GM) touched the table to make sure our experience was delightful. The hostess always made sure to say good morning, and have a great rest of the day! Her husband is a local fisherman! how cool, Laura!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for an awesome night in the harbor with great food and service look no further than McSeagull's. Three of my friends and I headed to Boothbay to conclude our summer and on Friday night we were pointed toward McSeagull's. I had an amazing blueberry mojito with a delicious purée and the lobster pesto melt, which is the best twist on a lobster roll ever! The pesto lobster and mozzarella melted perfectly in the browned pizza crust. We sat on the deck where we were served by Crystal who always smiled, even though I asked a million menu questions due to allergies. She was very accommodating and even had a nice conversation with us just before the entertainment began. The manager,Jackie, came down to make sure our service was nothing but the best, as did other servers passing by. Between the music, the view, the food, drinks, and service McSeagull's has it all.