“Family dinner success”

Boathouse Bistro Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2016

There were 10 of us, ages 2 years and up. We all enjoyed our dinner, from Ceaser salad, beet salad to calamari, seafood risotto and a swordfish dinner. The service was excellent, even when when a younger member of our family spilled her drink, the waitress came right over and helped clear up the spill. Oh, did I mention the best view of the harbor? It is well worth the walk up two flights of stairs! All in all a successful family dinner at a restaurant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Varied menu ... Good food. Visited in 2015 and returned this year to enjoy the food and view. Top deck provides the best views. Spicy shrimp risotto was excellent but quite spicy (and I enjoy spicy food). The lobster mac and cheese was also excellent. The Service was very good and the staff was very friendly. Will return next year if we get back to Maine again.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

This is one of our favorite places in BBH. The menu here is very much like what MacSeagulls used to be which is one of the main attractions. One can choose to have several tapas plates or a full dinner. I can't see anyone going through this menu and being unable to find some combination of selections that suits their fancy.

I had, as did my wife, the Coconut Shrimp, just lovely, a sweet mango sauce that was so good I saved it for my sandwich to dip in. I had the Lobster Club, this is a very large sandwich with a hefty portion of fresh lobster with a delightful mayo-based sauce. My wife had the cold duck tapas plate with fresh figs which was just grand. The tab for this with two sodas was about 60 bucks before tip.

The staff is professional and cheerful and the service is quick. We sat on the top deck and the view is grand on a sunny day. You may have to wait for a table at peak hours - we waited about ten minutes at 100 pm - but it is well worth it. You can sit at the bar while your table is being prepared and start your meal with a drink.

I strongly recommend that you give this joint a try!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Really fun menu, seasonal and delicious with good service and a great view. My husband and I really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

My son and I had dinner here one night and both ordered the Scallop Fettuccini with a mushroom sauce. It was AMAZING!! We both agreed that the food was super, the waitress was friendly and thoughtful, and the view on the top deck was spectacular. We made an effort to eat here twice after and were in agreement that this is our favorite restaurant in the Boothbay area thus far. We are now in Westerly RI and can't find a restaurant even close to rave about. Look forward to the Boathouse Bistro when we return to Boothbay in October. We also agree that the drinks are fantastic and the wait staff are the friendliest around.