“Great Breakfast! ”
Review of Center Cafe - CLOSED

Center Cafe
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. Great food. Very tasty and quick. The prices are reasonable. This is a great little stop for breakfast on the way to boothbay harbor. You must stop!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We visited here two mornings in a row and were pleased to see that it seems to be a place where the locals go to eat. The owner of the cafe knew everyone's name and took an interest in us tourists as well. The food was cooked to order and served with a smile. The coffee was a little stronger than we are used to but we know a lot of people enjoy it that way. We look forward to going back there on our next trip to Maine.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Arrived for lunch a group of 3. I asked her about the menu " I can not cut the pie is too hot , get a cookie instead "and " we could make other sandwiches however we d rather have you stick with the tuna or egg salad choices". It seemed quirky until another group of 4 elderly arrived , when they asked her to clean another table she literally threw a fit , banging the door, throwing plates on the table. Eventually a guy came to the table to take the order. What a circus. Indeed being careless who you hire might run your bussines into the ground. The chili was bland, the macaroni and cheese were dry. As I said she could not cut the pie , hilarious.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stopped there on the way back from a visit to the Botanical Gardens which is nearby. I had meatloaf with german potatoes and a salad, while my wife had a vegetable type of lunch. Both of us enjoyed it, as well as a conversation with the owner. His daughter was our waitress and was very friendly and provided good service.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The food was fabulous! All of our kids enjoyed their breakfasts, from pancakes to egg sandwiches to omelettes. I had the Cafe Crab Breakfast. It was excellent! My husband had the Corned Beef Hash and raved about that as well. The owner/cook was very welcoming and social. Our server was fantastic. We would definitely return!