Kitchen Garden Cafe at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Boothbay
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Was at the garden with my sister and decided to stop in for lunch. I had the quiche of the day (ham, cheddar, leeks, and red pepper) which comes with a salad and fruit. Everything was fresh and delicious. Our server Sarah was attentive and very sweet. If you're at the garden don't go anywhere else for lunch!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Beautiful surroundings, The food was all very fresh and vey good. A little pricy, But you are a the Botanical Gardens.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

After spending several hours wondering the gardens we had planned to head into the harbor for lunch but we were hungry and tired so we decided to try the cafe and we're pleasantly surprised . The sandwiches were substantial and on lovely homemade tasting bread. The salads looked amazing. A feast for the eyes. It was a lovely sunny table and had a beautiful base with flowers . My husband and I were so glad we chose here.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

The Botanical Gardens are wonderful in themselves but make sure to save time to eat in their Cafe! The food is all fresh and made on site. Sandwiches are very reasonable AND really keep your eyes out for their English Tea in September. You must reserve in advance for this but tea lovers and anglophiles like myself will be "over the moon!"

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We were actually on tight schedule for a quick 36 hour mini-vacation from Boston, so this was perfect place for lunch as we traveled from one sight to the other. It's popular on the weekend, so when we arrived, we had a twenty minute wait. Luckily they give you those buzzer things so you can go walk around the lovely gardens while you wait, and their estimate of the wait time was spot on. Understaffed for the lunch hour, so it took awhile to put in our order, but once we ordered, food arrived quickly. We had sandwiches; both my husband's and my meals were amazing, well prepared, and hot. Hubby ordered the burger which he said was excellent. Note: they only fix them well done, but he said it wasn't overcooked. I had the turkey/brie/cranberry pannini which was excellent. We ordered chips but ended up taking them home. The atmosphere is rather simple, no frills, though there were flowers on the tables and large picture windows looking out on the gardens, which tells the story. Not a destination restaurant, but a good place to eat when exploring the gardens.