Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This is forth or fifth time we have stayed here and it appears they have been doing some remodeling, making it look fresher and nicer. There is no breakfast but it is best value in town during the summer. If you just need a place to sleep that is clean this is the place. Staff has always been helpful to us

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith H

Reviewed 12 August 2016

This property did finally refund the charge on my VISA, however it did take a number of emails to the parent company and to them. The son of the owners called to tell me there had been a mistake with the email accounts and that his parents did not see the emails asking to cancel the reservation immediately after placing it. So all in all in ended okay, but I probably wouldn't book there again due to the hassle and the fact that the woman was rather rude to me on the phone.

Room Tip: Didn't end of staying here, so do not know
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I made a reservation here by using booking.com. When I realized I had book the one in Biddeford instead of the one in Old Orchard Beach, I immediately got on the phone cancelled through booking.com. I also tried to call the property directly and the phone rang and rang and rang with NO ANSWER. The property is being unreasonable when I requested they refund the one night that they charged us for. IT WAS A MISTAKE and I called immediately. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Good restaurant nearby. If you don't want to climb stairs be sure to tell them you want the first floor. Our room was smoke free There is a $100 fine for smoking in the room. It was a full house but quiet at night. Two draws were enough for the weekend. Small refrigerator was the only amenity. Good size room, but only one night stand and no reading lamp. Clean room. Owner is easy a 30 USPS worker and mother of a US Air Force Captain. Good people. Prices are high in this area. $140 per night! Nice flat screen and good wifi.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016

My family needed a clean, convenient place to stay on the way from Boston to Bar Harbor. We booked a non-smoking room. When I checked-in, the woman at the desk gave me the keys and did not mention any problem with my room. As soon as I entered, the pervasive smoke smell choked me. Since I have a son with asthma, this was a problem I wanted resolved. Also, there is a sign clearly posted on the wall that states that any evidence of smoking will result in a $100 fine. I went back to the front desk, and only did then did the lady mention that someone "accidentally" smoked there last night and that he was fined. There were no other rooms available. I asked her why she hadn't mentioned this at check-in (since I was also now concerned about getting fined for the evidence of smoking), and she said "most people are smokers and do not mind." We spent as little time as possible in that room and left early the next morning. All of our clothes were saturated with the smell of smoke, including those in our suitcases. This did not feel like an accidental night of one person smoking. No refund or discount was offered. None was given after requested. If smoke-free matters to you and your family, do not trust that this hotel will honor that part of your reservation.

Stayed: July 2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
0.7 km away
5.6 km away
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
9.5 km away
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal In...
#34 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland? Share your experiences!