“A Maine Classic”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

For years this had been the go to place for my best friend and I to enjoy our summer birthday's. Great food and beautiful location.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 18 August 2018

My family has been coming to Belgrade Lakes for decades and for four generations now, and we’ve gone to the Village Inn through a number of changes in ownership. The last two years, though, the service and food there was deficient to the point that when we left last August I vowed never to return.

This past week, however, I let myself get talked into going back, and I’m glad I did. Our server, Katie, was professional, helpful, and everything a server should be. My calamari appetizer (served cold and tough twice last summer) arrived at the table hot and delightfully tender, not over cooked and tough. The lamb was perfectly done and very good. Everyone in our family was happy with their food and the level of service. All in all, they’ve upped their game and I’ll keep returning.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We were so lucky to get a table right at a window overlooking the water. This is the only place I ever had duck. Once again it did not disappoint! I haven’t been there in a while so was sorry to see that the hot loaves of bread that used to be served we’re no longer part of the meal. We were serve slices of cold bread, so didn’t even bother trying it. My friend had the scallops which looked amazing she raved about them.They were big and cooked to perfection. Crème brûlée was also enjoyed.
We had an enjoyable evening

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My only regret is that I couldn't eat more and didn't save room for dessert. The staff was very accommodating with a flexible reservation and did all they could to make us feel welcome. If blessed to be back in Belgrade I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I met friends at the Village Inn on a Saturday night. We had a nice table by a window, with a lovely view of the lake. The last couple of times I was at the restaurant there was a wedding outside, with a tent that completely obscured the view - very disappointing. When I go to a lake side restaurant, I like to be able to see the water; I’m funny like that. My friends both had lobster rolls, which looked amazing. Lots of lobster - yum. I had the crab cakes, which weren’t very good. Bland and with lots of filler and not much crab. Strange. They looked like little meatloafs. The drinks, as always, were excellent, and the service was good.

Date of visit: July 2018