“Don't miss HJ Blakes For Goodness Sakes!”
Review of H.J. BLAKE'S

H.J. BLAKE'S
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Belgrade
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I'm on vacation in Maine for the week and this is exactly what I was hoping to find. I could eat here every day of our trip and not be disappointed. The lobster roll was overflowing with large chunks of fresh meat and the roll was the perfect balance of vessel and buttery, toasted goodness. I sprayed the french bries with vinegar from a spray bottle (had never seen that before, a little overexcited about that). The owner is very kind and spent time with each customer, ensuring they were happy with their meal. There is also a lemonade stand on the property, adding fresh mint at your request. We heard their haddock cakes are also incredible, so I will be back for those tomorrow. Their last day open for the season is this Saturday (August 25, 2018), get there while you can, I know I'll be back!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after several people recommended... and we were not disappointed. Had a very tasty haddock cake sandwich. In Belgrade Lakes, there are several options.. most all being overpriced and below average. This is pretty much the best meal I have had in the Village... and all served out of a food truck/shack!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome!!

I love this place! I usually get a veggie burger (best I've had), but the fish sandwiches are terrific too. Holly, the owner, is warm and accommodating. People are catching on to it, though. Better hurry!!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic lobster roll. What I always hope to get when I stop at a place lime this in Maine. Excellent!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Simple small place at an out of the way place with top shelf lobster rolls, fish sandwiches, french fries with just the right amount of seasoning. The owners make everyone feel like family and are happy overtime you visit.

1  Thank Joe L

Been to H.J. BLAKE'S? Share your experiences!