“Misty Winter by the Bay”

Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bangor, Maine
“Misty Winter by the Bay”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

With a breath of summer fun in the indoor pool! We had a wonderful stay at this hotel during the kid's February vacation. The hotel is very clean and the accomodations comfortable. It's real handy to downtown Belfast and neighboring Searsport. And, though there is a lot more going on in the area in the warmer months, we found plenty to do with the year round shops and restaurants.
The pool was the highlight of our stay. It is very pretty! And the wall of glass overlooking the bay is stunning.
We felt warmly welcomed by Kathy at the front desk and she helped to make our stay memorable.
Thank you!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Thank you for writing. We enjoy seeing the children during the February vacation . It adds a different energy to the hotel in the winter. I'm glad that you all enjoyed the facilities and the cleanliness. Thank you too for your comments about Cathy. She is a genuine person, concerned that our guests enjoy their stay here. I'll pass your comments on.
Thanks again,

Barry Asalone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The coast of Maine doesn't have many chain hotels and the ones they have are usually older. This Comfort Inn surprised me from its phenomenal view of the ocean, balcony overlooking the view, completely updated furnishings, online access in the lobby and one of the most helpful desk staffs I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I ended up in the lobby til 4 a.m. working on a business proposal and the front desk plied me with hot chocolate. But the greatest surprise was the restaurant on the first floor. I mean, c'mon, a nice restaurant at a Comfort Inn? If I were a local, this is where I would hang out. An upscale bar, outdoor patio and the freshest tastiest meal I've had in a long time. It was Valentine's Day and the specials were awesome. The service was superb and the fireplace made it homey, too. Don't leave until you try the homemade eggplant parmesan and you'll want to lick your plate if the cheesecake-stuffed strawberries with chocolate sauce is on the menu....yes, at a Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: No need to worry -- all rooms seem to face the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Yoriyee
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Thank you for writing to share your experience at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge and also the compliments on Ocean's Edge Restaurant. I am pleased that you enjoyed the room, the food, the view and our staff. We enjoy what we do. I'm pleased that a seasoned traveler like you commented on it.
We hope to see you again on your future visits to the Belfast area.

Brooks, Maine
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Our stay at the hotel was great, I was greeted by an employee who remembered me from my last stay and knew exactly where i liked to be in the hotel. I have to recommend the restaurant for the great dinner that we had, I recommend the Angus Burger. The hotel staff are always nice and go out of their way to make the stay better if they can. The breakfast has something for everyone, the waffles are especially good, and you can not beat the view of the bay. Thanks for a great evening. See you soon.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carolyn P
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at Comfort Inn and Ocean's Edge Restaurant. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your dinners in the restaurant. I hope that you will be back soon. We'll be cooking the Angus burgers as well as plenty of other delicious entrees.

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 24 January 2012

i had agreat relaxing time the staff was wonderful to me i was alone and felt safe and right at home

Room Tip: all rooms have a great veiw of the ocean
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank robin d
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for revewing your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff and that you found our facilities clean and comfortable. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again.

Slidell, LA
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We spent Christmas week (12/24 - 1/1/12) in the Belfast area and had many choices for lodging - a Boutique Hotel downtown, several "mom & pop" motels and a few B & B options. We could not have made a better "Choice" - (pardon the pun)!! Our 3rd floor mini suite was clean, functional & very comfortable. The staff is friendly, attentive and very professional. Barry, the GM is a real pro and his touch is reflected from top to bottom. We ate at the restaurant every night and never had a bad meal. Highly recommended. A GREAT VALUE!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have a great view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pinot61
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thank you for writing. I am glad that you chose us over the many other offerings in the Belfast area. Further, and more importantly, I am glad that you were pleased with your choice. Thank you too for your nice coment about the restaurant and even me. The restaurant is still an undiscovered treasure. I am fortunate to have dedicated staff members who make me look good. It is a pleasure to work with many of them.
I hope that you will visit us again, leaving the warmth of the gulf to visit up here in Maine.

Barry Asalone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
0.6 km away
1.7 km away
Yankee Clipper Motel
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!