“Dirty, cold, uncomfortable seating, poor service and charged for items not shown on menu!”

Rollie's Bar and Grill
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rollie's Bar and Grill Your kind of place on a Good day, Bad day, and everyday between.See you there.
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Open all year, this appears to be a spot for locals, although I live near by, I won't be hanging my mug here anytime some. Poor atmosphere and uncomfortable seating, is just the beginning.

I (we) had an order of 24 Chicken wings listed on the menu for $19.99 - I was charged $20.97. The menu shows various sauces/dressings to choose from, as well being served with celery & carrot sticks if you choose (NO FEES ARE ADVERTISED FOR EITHER!). The Blue Cheese dressing is made from a heavy base of mayonnaise and I was charged extra for an additional little cup. The wings were cold and I was charged $3.25 for carrot and celery sticks, again not listed on their menu.

When I questioned the server about my issues with the additional charges not listed as such on the menu, she said, "Well that's the way it works here and has been for years" She was not very nice about it as she mumbled that she'd pay for the difference. I protested that I didn't want her to be responsible and that I would pay versus have her do so. She nastily adjusted my bill as a "discount of $5.92.

The mens room was unheated, glad I didn't need to be in there long!

I was told that Rollie's runs a "Wings" special on Sundays at $1.00 per wing... But the menu states 24 wings for $19.99. This left me wondering who does the math here?!

This is a place that I will "Roll" away from when I'm in town, I suggest you roll on by!.

1  Thank drrussell007

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The bartenders make Rollies! They are very attentive. I was fortunate enough to interact with 4 or 5 of them, due to a shift change, and all were very engaging, shared stories and laughed. You can tell they enjoy working together. Food is quickly served. Fun atmosphere.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for great pub food, Rollie’s is the place! We had an excellent server, she was very attentive to our needs. The baked Haddock was great, baked potatoes were outstanding! All around great experience!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The food servers are fast paced, they go full out. When the place is packed, as it usually is don't expect quick service, the wait is worth it. Probably the best servers and food in the Belfast area. Huge beer selection, and best Margaritas anywhere.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Stopped in for a quick bite to eat before a holiday event. We both had a nice cold beer and a burger. The service was great and the food was too. Typical pub feel with friendly people.

Date of visit: December 2017