All reviews bedroom suite front desk minor issue fire pit lower floor rooms are huge iced coffee curved glass great residence would highly recommend this hotel provided plates small kitchen power outage breakfast service feather pillows this wonderful hotel facing route
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I am often in the Bath area, so when this hotel was built to replace the run-down hotel that preceded it, I wanted to stay here. It's the first thing you see when you arrive in Bath from the south. I hope that trees grow up around it to make it a bit less of a landmark.

That said, the hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff is VERY accommodating and friendly. The rooms are nice; we stayed in a two bedroom unit. The bedding is good, though I found the mattress cover a bit lumpy. The pillows are very thick and firm, you may want to see if they have less lofty pillows. Be sure to read the room description and not rely on the photos. For example, the kitchen photo shows a full stove with oven, but the description says 'stove top', which is what the unit had.

I was surprised about the highway noise. We were on the west end, third floor, overlooking the parking lot across the street. Route One traffic is slowing down just before the property, and though it is a new hotel, the sound was clearly audible through the windows and walls. Maybe a lower floor or the back of the building would be quieter.

The pool area is warm, and the pool water was warm, but there is no hot tub, which seemed surprising.

All in all, if you're staying in the Bath area, this is a nice hotel, and a good value in the winter.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Victoria, the night auditor, greeted me so warmly! Melanie, who took over in the A.M., was helpful as well. Bed was so comfy, hotel was quiet, and breakfast was wonderful. I wish I could’ve stayed more than one night.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Very happy with our stay. I had booked a room with two queen beds and upon arrival, was told they had upgraded us to a two room suite. Room was immaculate and comfortable. Great breakfast included. Easy on and off highway if passing through area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kali L, General Manager at Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Jill24Boston,

We are lucky enough to have a number of two bedroom suites (they are perfect for families), I am glad you enjoyed the upgrade!
Our team takes pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations, tops off with a great breakfast!

I am in hopes that the next time you are passing through, our staff has the opportunity to welcome you back!

With Hospitality,

Reviewed 19 January 2018

My husband and I lived at the Residence Inn during our transition to retirement and move out of state for seven weeks. We cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. Kali, the manager, and Sarah, the assistant manager, are an incredible management team They go above and beyond for their guests and always have a smile on their face even on the worst of days. We were there for a 3-day power outage and Kali and Sarah stayed on the premises and made sure all guests were taken care of, even providing food for the guests Over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays they provided a holiday meal for their guests and holiday evening with Santa. The entire front desk personnel are helpful and strive to make their guests' stay pleasant and comfortable.

The cleanliness of this hotel is impeccable. The housekeeping staff is very thorough and the entire hotel was always spotless. We had a room with full kitchen including oven. Kitchen is equipped with all utensils you need for cooking.

The Residence Inn provides daily breakfast and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings they provide snacks, dessert and even local tastings depending on the night. Carol and Pati, who take care of food service, are not only great cooks but wonderful, caring people who make sure that dietary needs are met. On our way to our new home we stayed at a competitor and unfortunately the same cannot be said. We will choose a Residence Inn going forward.

All and all, the staff at this Residence Inn made our transition time a pleasurable one and if we return to the Bath/Brunswick area, we will stay at the Residence inn!

Room tip: the rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are very large. Kitchen is equipped with necessities for cooking.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear cashmanjerry,

It was a true joy to host you and your husband during your seven week stay, our staff truly misses you!
We are very lucky to have guests much like yourself, you brought so much joy to all of our staff members days and made it easy for us to have FUN at work everyday!
We hope you are not having to use the parting gift (the flameless candle) during your new adventures!

Until we all come visit,

Reviewed 15 January 2018

goot hotel to stay at clean most of the time. the cleaning people are inconsistent but the service is usually good. I like the resident inn in auburn maine the best..good breakfast included in stay. this is good

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Kali L, General Manager at Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear S7nagy7,

Thank you for taking the time to provide essential feedback regarding your most recent stay!
I am happy to hear you find our staff/service a great asset to the property and that you enjoyed our breakfast as well! Our team thrives on constructive feedback so they are able to better serve our guests!
If your travels ever bring you back to the Bath/Brunswick Area, I am in hopes you will contact myself directly.

With Hospitality,