“Nice People, But...”

Winnegance Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Description: Winnegance is a restaurant and bakery serving breakfast, starting at 6:00am-11:00am and lunch daily until 4:00. All of our meals and baked goods are made from scratch daily. We offer eat in and take-out for all of the items on our menu. We offer a wide variety of items on our menus including seafood, sandwiches, soups & award winning chowders and several seafood tacos. Dinners are served on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Every night we run a variety of specials including a seafood dish. Prime rib is served every Friday night along with various other specials which usually includes a few seafood dishes. You can also enjoy a glass of wine or a beer with your meal.
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We went there for lunch with another couple. We sampled this and we sampled that. No one really finished anything, because it just wasn't that good. Maybe the sous chef was cooking. Maybe it was a a bad day. We all really wanted to like the place because it was so cozy, charming, and unassuming. But, try as much as we did....

1  Thank LoafJugThouTree

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We'd heard Winnegance General Store was a great place for breakfast. We decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed. There are many wonderful options and the omelets and other egg dishes use local farm fresh eggs which make a huge difference in flavor and taste. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our server gave us some great suggestions where to find things in Bath. Highly recommend Winnegance General Store.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

After being closed a few years it was good to see this storefront reopened. We tried it for breakfast and received our breakfast sandwiches quickly and the say we ordered them. Good coffee and nice friendly staff made us feel welcome.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Wow, this place is excellent. My wife had the Cajun shrimp omlette and I had the tuna, salmon, scallop omlette. Both were delicious. Fresh squeezed oj, too. Realy good coffee.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Heard great things about the chowder. Ordered 2 cups to go and changed the order to 2 bowls to go instead. Arrived home with 2 cups but paid for 2 bowls. Ordered 2 haddock wraps to go and they forgot the bag of chips. Oh well, be certain to carefully check your takeout order!!

Holly S, Owner at Winnegance Restaurant and Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

I am so very sorry your visit did not meet your expectations. I remember chatting with you and appreciate your patience, as we were switching over from a very busy breakfast to the beginnings of a very busy lunch. You waited quite awhile for your order and that is why I gave you two cookies on the house, because you were so patient, and that was very much appreciated! I put your order together and you did have bowls of chowder, not cups, I am sorry for the confusion with that as well. As for the potato chips, I am sorry that I forgot to put them into your bag, it was an oversight on my part and I do apologize for that! I hope you at least were able to enjoy your lunch. Thank you for coming in and I do hope you will give us another chance. I truly enjoyed chatting with you and your husband.