“Oxtail and Goat!”
Review of Jamaican Vybz

Jamaican Vybz
Ranked #45 of 198 Restaurants in Bangor
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Great place for plentiful good eats! I always go in with the question, "What's ready?" Because I have found that they are very laid back and I have been told that my order will take 40 minutes when I just order off the menu! I'm cool with that!
Everything has always been very tasty but WATCH OUT FOR BONES! They seem to hack up the meat, slow cook it from there and serve it, shards and all. There is a certain skill required for eating it!
The curried chicken is wonderful, too! Wish they had some seating inside... their chalk wall questions are cool!

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Wish there was some indoor seating though!

Everything is tasty and the fried plantains are the best in the city, (not that we have a LOT of places to get fried plantains!)

But Watch out for bones! They are served in the meat dishes, I think they hack up the flesh with the bone-in (rather than cook it un-hacked then taking out the bones). It leaves sharp shards that are a challenge to eat, (or spit) around.

And it's best to ask what is available rather than order off the menu... we were told it would be 40 minutes for one of the items we ordered.... so the savvy and the time pressed should be advised !

The oxtail (except bones) is superb! Any of the slow cooked meats the same! Love the goat and the sides! Generous portions for a very reasonable price!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Unless you love Caribbean flavors, this is not for you. I love all things curry and jerk, and Jamaican Vybz, does both very well. There oxtail, curry chicken, pease and rice and potato salad are just wonderful. The portion sizes are big to the point that if I order two dinners, they feed three adults easily and with leftovers. This is not a sit-down restaurant so its take-out. The wait is long because its cooked from scratch which thrills me, particularly when you are eating curry. Just great food. I order food weekly. Now I have a pick-up service so I don't even have to drive over there.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We always get the curry goat and the jerk chicken- just the right amount of spice to make you want more but doesn't kill your taste buds. My daughter likes the fried chicken- not spicy at all. Their red beans and rice are super yummy, but I find their fried plantains to be a bit dried out.

Speed is not their strength and call in advance for a pick up.

How awesome to have a bit more ethnic food in the middle of the frozen north.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Great food, plentiful portions with great prices. My kids and I stop here every time we are in Bangor.

Been to Jamaican Vybz? Share your experiences!