“Easily One of My Favorites”
Review of Jamaican Vybz

Jamaican Vybz
Ranked #45 of 198 Restaurants in Bangor
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Unless you love Caribbean flavors, this is not for you. I love all things curry and jerk, and Jamaican Vybz, does both very well. There oxtail, curry chicken, pease and rice and potato salad are just wonderful. The portion sizes are big to the point that if I order two dinners, they feed three adults easily and with leftovers. This is not a sit-down restaurant so its take-out. The wait is long because its cooked from scratch which thrills me, particularly when you are eating curry. Just great food. I order food weekly. Now I have a pick-up service so I don't even have to drive over there.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

We always get the curry goat and the jerk chicken- just the right amount of spice to make you want more but doesn't kill your taste buds. My daughter likes the fried chicken- not spicy at all. Their red beans and rice are super yummy, but I find their fried plantains to be a bit dried out.

Speed is not their strength and call in advance for a pick up.

How awesome to have a bit more ethnic food in the middle of the frozen north.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Great food, plentiful portions with great prices. My kids and I stop here every time we are in Bangor.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

delicious real Jamaican food with local fresh ingredients, you watch him make your food so you know it hasn't been sitting. The flavors are different and absolutely delicious. I live in NH and I crave this food and wish I could get it more. I don't believe you can sit down and eat in here it is take out.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Get the oxtail w/ extra gravy on the rice and peas. Ask them for ital stew but make sure to get it "yaad mon" style. So freaking good...thank goodness they are here in Bangor showing folk wagwaan.

Been to Jamaican Vybz? Share your experiences!