All reviews curved shower hollywood casino full kitchen dressing area attached restaurant conference center front desk great hotel cross center blackout curtains room was spacious location is excellent on site restaurant bed and pillows business trip place to stay i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Its a chain hotel, so you know pretty much what you are getting, a typical hotel off the highway. But wait, this place is really new. Things that I did not expect:
- It has a nice restaurant attached to the place (not usual for a residence inn) which was really hopping when we arrived.
- Breakfast was much fresher than expected: fruit, plain yoghurt (nice to have something without all that prepackaged sugar and stuff added), fresh breads, etc.
- Everything was new and clean.

Pleasantly surprised about how nice this place was, a cut above your typical chain hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear ZedPM,

Thank you for the raving review! Our staff works hard to provide each guest exceptional service and cleanliness and I am happy they delivered for you. Our new revamped breakfast has a customization station to allow guests to build your breakfast just the way they like it. This allows our guests to stay in their routine and start their day right! Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Everything you would expect from Residence inn and more! Best restaurant in town in lobby. Very clean and either new or very well maintained. Spacious rooms and bathrooms. Bathroom was design I would put in my own home. Great location right off highway, near casino and hospital not far from downtown and water. Great option for fall touring. I would do again for sure.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer F,

Thank you for such a nice review! We are happy you found our rooms comfortable, clean and well maintained. Many people agree with you that they wish they could have designed our bathrooms for their own home. Hopefully you will be able to find some time in the fall to come visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We have stayed in hundreds of Residence Inn’s (for months in some!!) Most are focused on families and long stays. This one was not.

We booked two rooms for two nights – my husband is life-time Platinum Elite with Marriott, so we do judge the Marriott’s that we stay in based on how they treat their premium members. Nothing special at this hotel.

The first night, none of the four of us (two in two rooms) could sleep because the pillows were ridiculous. Foam pillows that if you slept on your side, forced your head to a 60 degree angle. I ended up sleeping with no pillow; the guys grabbed pillows off the couch. It wasn't the traditional Marriott mattress; instead it was a thick removable pillow top or egg crate on top. The second night, we got feather pillows from housekeeping which were much better. (Note: our profile requests feather pillows.) I was surprised that a new hotel would not be at the typical Marriott comfort level.

The other thing that was unique to this hotel is that they had a restaurant. So rather than the family evening meals, or the availability of grills or a fire pit to sit around, the only public place to gather was the restaurant. I would expect a restaurant at a Courtyard; at a Residence Inn I would have expected a more family friendly environment (most offer evening meals for free at least 3 days a week). Also, you can’t take a drink from the restaurant to your room; nor can you take a drink outside by the fire.

The rooms were small, and air circulation was poor. If you shut the door between the bedroom and living space the AC was totally ineffective and even with the AC at 68 our room got hot.

We have stayed at all 3 Marriott’s in Bangor, and although this is the newest, it is by far my least favorite. Desk service was okay, but the housekeeping, janitorial and kitchen staffs were fantastic! I really want to give them a 4 star, but our first night of no sleep was so awful I just can’t!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear surfinginflorida,

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for choosing the Residence Inn during your visit to Bangor. We understand there are many Marriott's in town to choose from and we appreciate your stay. We are surprised to hear you did not find comfort in our bedding as it has been one of the highlights for many of our guests. However, I am happy the front desk was able to provide more comfortable pillows for you which I hope allowed you to have a more enjoyable rest. While most Residence Inn's do participate in the Mix, we are unique and offer a wonderful full-service restaurant, which is rated the #1 restaurant in Bangor. While the meals are not complimentary, it allows our guests to have options, freshly prepared items and a personalized experience. While it would be a wonderful treat to be able to take a drink from the restaurant to other places in the hotel, unfortunately local liquor laws prohibit us from allowing this to occur. We are thrilled to hear your found our hotel staff pleasant all around and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future bookings as I would be more than happy to ensure all your expectations are not only met but exceeded. Thank you again,

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Reserved a room here 3 months in advance for a concert held at the waterfront. We know there was no re-entrance to the concert once there so we arrived at the hotel early to check in. We were told that there was no early check in but that a note would be left on the account noting our arrival. Low and behold, we get back to the hotel after the concert and they gave our room away. After making every concerted effort to make sure that did not happen, they did it anyway. After raising a stink about it, they wanted send us to another hotel 2 hours away, at 12 in the morning, not acceptable!!!! Needless to say, don't expect your room to be there if you have to check in later than usual.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marc M
Chelsea P, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Dear Marc M.,

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for choosing the Residence Inn during your visit to Bangor. We understand there are many Marriott's in town to choose from and we appreciate that you chose our location. Unfortunately, due to unexpected stay overs we were overbooked. I can assure you that this is not a common circumstance, and again I apologize. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future bookings as I would be more than happy to ensure all your expectations are not only met but exceeded.

Chelsea Porter
Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2016

The first two nights we had a 2 bed room plus a sofa bed. The room was clean and comfortable. We only planned to stay two nights but then due to an unexpected medical issue we spend another night. The young man working the desk, I think his name was Andrew (unfortunately I'm not sure) was very helpful in getting us another room. We couldn't stay in the same room, but they allowed us to stay in that room until the new room was ready. The young man working the desk came up and helped move things from the old to the new room. He was extremely helpful. The woman working the desk the first night we checked in was also helpful. My Only concern and the reason I rated it 4 stars instead of 5 was when we pulled out the blankets for the sofa bed late at night the sheets were clean and pressed, but the blanket was disgusting. It looked like it had been used and not washed. It was really dirty. I should have called the front desk, but it was late and I was tired. Instead I just used a travel blanket. I did let the front desk know in the morning that it was an issue.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Diane M,

Thank you for the kind review! We are happy you found the hotel clean and comfortable in addition to our staff being very accommodating. Our staff takes great pleasure in serving our guests and I am pleased they exceeded your expectations. We appreciate you raising the concern regarding the blanket that was in your sofa bedding bag and we will be sure to have our team check this each time a guest checks out. We take pride in our cleanliness as your noticed throughout the hotel and we will be sure to review this with our team. Thank you again and we hope to have you back in the near future!