“Maine "Mexican"”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I live in San Antonio, so it's really unfair to critique the Mexican cuisine in Maine. A little more spice and perhaps some cilantro would make it nice

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I've eaten at Pepinos many time. This was my first exposure to Mexican/TexMex style food. I never have had a bad meal at Pepinos. The food is somewhat Americanized, but that is what many people around here like.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Met family for lunch, there were 8 of us, we were put out back which was great, we tend to talk and laugh a lot. Service, food, atmosphere was great! We were all well taken care of, very professional and friendly. Margarita were great!!! I would recommend the raspberry Margarita, in jumbo size.... we all had different food, and shared with everyone at the table. Everything was great! we did not feel rushed and it was very relaxing....differently will be going back.....

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Since moving to the Park Street location, everything has changed. The service was terrible. The food was not the same. No more ambiance. Its loud and confusing...crowded. There was no way to identify who worked there vs. who was a patron. Ive been going there for years. I crave it. I dont plan on ever returning again. We left early wihout finishing even half our meal.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Cheri N
Reviewed 22 August 2016

My husband and I decided to try out the new location on Park St in down town Bangor this past weekend and I have to say I was so disappointed! I ordered the guacamole salad and it was a very large bed of iceberg lettuce, 2 tomato slices uncut, a slice of green pepper and a cucumber (yes, I said cucumber) xlice. There was a side of guacamole and I added black beans that appeared to be from a freshly opened, undrained can. The salad was topped off with a heavy Italian dressing. All I kept thinking was Gordon Ramsey would have a field day with this place! I would never waste my money here again.

Date of visit: August 2016