“Summer Visit”

Cook's Island View Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bailey Island
Cook's Island View Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bailey Island
Reviewed 19 August 2016

This is the first time our family has stayed at the Cook's Island View Motel. Very cute island design. Clean and crisp! Very friendly staff! The out door pool looked inviting, however the weather was less than desirable. It rained unfortunately during our stay and we were unable to use the pool. You park right in front of your room. Each room had a little porch off the front door with Adirondack chairs. Very inviting! We would most definitely stay again!

Room Tip: All of these rooms are in a great location.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 680nikkip

Reviewed 15 August 2016

First of many visits to this lovely motel with its friendly staff and wonderful owners. I was visiting my grandchildren that live in the area and staying here was a perfect motel for a family vacation. The staff are very welcoming and want to ensure you enjoy your stay. Great choice for vacation in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank kebachor
Reviewed 13 August 2016

The first time we stayed here was 48 years ago. Needless to say the new owners greatly improved and updated the motel and continue to do so. The rooms are great and have a microwave and small refridgerator. There is also a small table with 2 chairs. There is coffee and juice available in the morning. The beds are comfortable and andguarantee a great night sleep. There is also a flat screen tv and free wifi. My husband always grabs the Adorondack rocker and I get the lounger. The pool and the area have been upgraded and are great. They also have a large stand alone deck area with 8 glass tables with chairs and umbrellas. There are steps down to a gravel area with 2 large gas grills. We look forward to our return next year.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cyndyjones47
Reviewed 30 July 2016

We have stayed here before under different management. We love Bailey Island and have stayed at two other places on the Island on a total of five occasions. . We were going to be in Brunswick, so we had to stay on Bailey Island.
The rooms are simple, clean and spacious. I interacted with two different staff members, each of whom was friendly and helpful.
On our particular night, it was also very hot outside. When we checked in, I went looking for the air conditioner and it is in Maine, in a rural setting, on a lovely peninsula/island. There is no air conditioning. Good news: when we went to town it rained cats and dogs and suddenly there was no need for A/C.
The disappointing news: I had paid a down payment and had a balance due upon arrival. I was informed of the balance and paid it, after being asked to sign off on the invoice. I am a guy. I do not check the math from people who hand me bills. I pay the bills.
When I got to the room, I looked at the hand drawn invoice (available upon request) and saw that the initial room rate of $110.00 had been changed to $120.00 in the accounting column, but not the quoted rate spot.
My rate was jacked $10.00.
I do not care about $10 over the course of a visit to my daughter. At $120.00 it was still a value, which if asked up front, I would have paid. I care about how I am treated.
I realize the need to have me sign the invoice was so I could not come back about the unannounced rate increase.
This is a lousy way to treat a customer.

Room Tip: Check their numbers.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamericans2008
Barry P, Owner at Cook's Island View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

We are sorry for the confusion. Our rates are clearly posted and you were charged the correct rate. We do have varying rates for weekdays, weekends, and prime season so being human, a mistake is possible. Our staff should have re-written the reservation slip so that it was perfectly clear and without changes. Being the busy season, however, sometimes errors aren't corrected until right before check-in. Again, we should have issued a clean reservation slip. Any mistake brought to our attention, however, would have been corrected. We are sorry that you did not address this issue while you were here so that we could explain your charges. We do hope that you will return to Bailey Island. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Having stayed at the Cooks Island View Motel 4 years ago, we decided to stay there once more on our vacation along the Maine Coast. This is an older motel of the type typical before the advent of chain hotels and such. It has a unique charm that is lost with today's sterile, modern facilities. The receptionist at the front desk could not be more friendly. The swimming pool is perhaps the cleanest of any that I have used at a motel over the past few years. Truly a great out of the way place to stay in Maine.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bailey9539
Barry P, Owner at Cook's Island View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that we met your expectations. We look forward to your next visit to Maine and hope that you will stay with us once again. Safe travels.

Been to Cook's Island View Motel? Share your experiences!