2,308 results
All reviews black box forth road bridge retail park stylish hotel close to the airport executive room fantastic hotel reception staff stayed for one night reception area an overnight stay great shower cooked breakfast comfy bed fantastic stay city centre queensferry
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

What a fab night at Dakota! My friend and I came for some drinks on a Saturday night. Greeted my Tammy she sat us at a lovely table. She spent the whole evening suggesting different cocktails for us to have, which were all AMAZING choices!! She made our night and should definitely be recognised by management for her fab efforts!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
DakotaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Trail313159,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your experience at Dakota Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable Saturday evening in the bar. First class service is something in which we pride ourselves on so I am thrilled to read that our team are achieving what they set out to do, especially Tammy. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to her.

We do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Everthing from the staff, the lighting, the food, the rooms, cleanliness is outstanding. Had chinese duck salad for a starter then lamb with cockles for main & it was impeckable in both presentation & taste as usual. This place never dissapoints. Even the bar staff took the time to go through their vast malt selection. If you want to experience how the other half live at least once in your life..try this place. Great to treat yourself if you are flying the next day from Edinburgh airport.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear FraserDavid,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a kind 5-star review from your stay at Dakota.

I am thrilled to read that you had such an enjoyable experience throughout the whole hotel. First class service is something in which we strive upon and so I am delighted to read that our team are achieving what they set out to be. The Crispy Duck Salad is a personal favourite so it is great to read that you feel the same!

I will take great pleasure in passing your compliments to the team, who I am sure will all be delighted with your words.

We do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here a few times due to location and quality of the rooms.

Have previously written 2 reviews in the hope that the Hotel’s culture and attitude would change for the better. Breakfast area is disorganised with varying levels of service depending on who is working there and the time of morning.

The main front desk to any Company especially the in hotel industry is the people you are greeted by. This hotel seriously has to have a look at how the Hotel receptionists are allowed to and in the way they interact with the Customers, as today it is very robotic and somewhat cold in the approach.

This does not give a good first impression where I have been left questioning about staying there again.

I hope this brief review will be taken constructively by the Dakota Hotel Management.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Shanksy1966,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find the previous reviews you have left the hotel through your TripAdvisor Profile, however I would like to assure you that every review we receive is always taken seriously by the relevant management teams.

I would like to thank you again for your review, as it is only through forms of feedback that we can strive to improve the standards we set at Dakota.

We do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel in the future. Please do contact us directly reservations@dakotaforthbridge.co.uk should you wish to make any reservations.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We booked a midweek break with dinner bed & breakfast. From the second you walk into the hotel you leave the outside world behind.
Experience - Naturally friendly & welcoming, everyone in reception, the bar & the grill were fantastic. The Dakota just made us feel at home without seeming to try. Very comfortable & if you look hard enough a little but quirky.
Room - Really comfortable with a great bed. We would be just as happy staying in the room as going downstairs to the bar.
Dinner - We got £20 each towards dinner with the package we booked which means you can get a great fillet steak for around a tenner extra plus some shared sides. We added a couple of reasonably priced starters -seafood tempura & super fresh oysters - and everything was cooked to perfection. I recommend you get the bread as a side, it comes with amazing tasting butter made by the chef's.
Breakfast - There was a good continental selection & the cooked breakfast was perfect for soaking up the previous nights cocktail & wine intake.
It was a great place to stay, our only disappointment was we didn't check in earlier. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank Grahame M

Dear Grahame M,

I was extremely pleased to read your review from your stay at Dakota and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. First class service is something which we pride ourselves on and so it is particularly pleasing to hear such positive comments about our team and I am sure our Head Chef will be pleased to hear that you had such a good experience in the Grill; I will be sure to pass on your compliments.

Thank you again for your comments and I will certainly take pleasure in sharing them with the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dakota in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a night because of an early flight next morning. Parking good. Hotel very stylish. Staff friendly welcoming and we had a quick check in. Room gorgeous. Comfy beds , spacious and bathroom spotless. Great facilities. Bar restaurant area very nice with an upbeat vibe. Only had drinks, which were reasonably priced. We paid at the table, we were approached on the way out for the room number, explained we paid and we left, staff taking the order and another serving. Maybe not knowing what the other is doing. can’t comment on evening meals. Breakfast next day was very tasty. Staff seemed very busy maybe all not knowing what’s the other is doing but still very friendly. part of our order was missing, but didn’t want to complain as the person who took the orders didn’t serve us with them, cooked breakfast was fantastic . Have already recommended to friends and family. Will stay again. Thank you for a great start to our holidays.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear enncle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a kind 5-star review from your stay at Dakota Edinburgh.

Good food, attentive service and stylish surroundings are all hallmarks of Dakota, and so I am delighted to read that we have achieved all that we set out to do and that you had a wonderful stay.

The greatest compliment we can achieve is that guests recommend the hotel to friends and family so I am thrilled to read that you have done so.

We hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.