“No southern cook”

Willie's Duck Diner
Ranked #5 of 144 Restaurants in West Monroe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 14 August 2018

The cook is definitely not from the south all four of us got different items to try and we were all very displeased

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

After watching the tv show and hearing them talk about the wonderful food, I expected some amazing meals. It was just okay at best.

The restaurant was half empty when we arrived at lunch time, which should have be an indicator for us. The restaurant building is decorated with a Duck Dynasty theme. It was fun to see all the pictures, but I wouldn’t go back for the food.

I really like this family and wanted to visit and support them, but I wouldn’t go back or recommend anyone adding driving time on their trip (like we did) to visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Visited today for the first time, we had Uncle Si burger, pulled pork po-boy, fried fish and the meat loaf. All of the food was good, however not excellent. Service was great, just took a little longer than normal. Pricing was average. I would try it again when traveling through WM. At the end of the day the main reason to try it out is to support great Americans like the Robertson family.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The food at this establishment is excellent. The prices are fair for the amount of food that is served and the service was outstanding. Our drink glasses were never empty which speaks to the service these days. We will return!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I hate to say it but this was a very poor experience.
I wish I had read the reviews before I went!!
The service was unsatisfactory. The waitress was slow and overwhelmed. We tried to understand at first but then it just became irritating.
It would have been okay if the food was better. However it was not up to MS KAY standards!!!!! The pork chop was dry and I mean over cooked and dry!!! The jambalaya was lacking in shrimp, chicken, and sausage. But had plenty of sticky rice
It just seems to be a restaurant Willie put his name on....not one he runs.
All that being said the actual restaurant was very cute.

Been to Willie's Duck Diner? Share your experiences!