“International Business Meeting”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Flanagan's is always a reliable place to entertain any type of guest for either lunch or dinner. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. It's a regular for our family for any occasion.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

I ate here with my husband. The food was good, the place and atmosphere was nice, and the service was okay. Good experience for my first time eating lunch in Thibodaux, LA.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

I've eaten here several times before because my parents live nearby. They're retired and I take them to dinner a couple times a month if I can. They like Flanagan's as well as some of the places in Houma, where I live.

Had brunch here yesterday (Palm Sunday) after church. Brought family from out of town and this was close and we've eaten here before.

It was about 12:30 and the place was filling up when we arrived but they seated our party of 7 almost immediately. There was a small band playing - 3 man jazz and cover band named Jazzmin. The band was good, but just a little loud for a dining experience as they were a tad hard to talk over. I think they realized that and turned down a bit and it was better.

Our server was friendly and attentive, as well as efficient in getting to our table quickly and also getting drinks to us. We opted out of appetizers but have had them in the past and enjoyed them. The restaurant was serving complimentary mimosas, which was a nice, unexpected touch.

Several ordered brunch items and a couple of us lunch entrees: Shrimp and grits, Eggs Atchafalaya, Eggs Salvatora, a salad and fruit crepes.

Our guests raved about the food, and especially the shrimp and grits, which they particularly enjoyed. I did too, but was surprised that they came topped with shredded cheese and with bacon bits in the sauce. Different, not expected, but not bad to tell the truth. On the other hand, their product doesn't compare with Drago's in NOLA at the Hilton (and out off of Vets in Metairie). Still, I'd have them again if I didn't enjoy their fried seafood so much :-D

Overall it was a very nice visit and although they were busy the food came out pretty quickly, was nicely presented and garnished and so on. I want to mention that there are some snarky reviews, especially from someone from Baton Rouge. Let me say this: I've been in the food business for 40+ years, run a range of restaurants and multi-unit operations, and no place is perfect. Check my other reviews; you'll see that I've eaten in some very nice places over the years and they're not without fault either. So give it a rest, and just be nice already, okay? Get over yourself. You're not the center of the known universe :-)

Truth is, my review on Emeril's is tougher than this one, because the food was not as good (although the service was impeccable and the wine selection was stellar).

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Flanagan's is near the hospital in Thibodaux. Decor is okay but nothing spectacular (however, some nice paintings on the walls - a couple are very interesting).

From the moment you walk in, service is friendly, warm and efficient. We went as two couples and had the ginormous seafood platters. Really good fried seafood with oysters, shrimp, catfish, crab cakes, hush puppies, fries and toasted bread. Far too much to eat and had a huge take out box.

For dessert, three had bread pudding with rum sauce and I had cheesecake. They raved about the bread pudding. I liked the cheesecake; it was good but clearly a Sysco type product. Still, nothing wrong with that and it was good.

Coffee was great, service was relaxed, the place is kind of cozy and we felt like they'd have let us stay all night even though it was pretty busy.

Flanagan's has a good local reputation and I'd say it is well-deserved.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

My husband, mother-in-law, and I went here for brunch last Sunday while we were visiting from St. Louis, MO. Ambiance was lovely, never ending Mimosa refills, wonderful crab bisque, and everyone's entree was terrific EXCEPT mine. Unfortunately I order the fish of the day, TUNA, blackened. First it came out cold, as well as the green beans it was served with. When returned the fish was warmer but the green beans were still cold. The fish was VERY dry and tasteless - a real disappointment. My husband ordered the blackened redfish, and it was amazing. Though they did comp a dessert, I felt that I should not have been charged the Market Price for the Tuna.

Been to Flanagan's? Share your experiences!