“Melting the mouth brisket ”

Sugar Rays Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Dundonald
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely cornbread. And the brisket does truly melt in the mouth with a touch of bbq sauce. Bottled craft beers would be a good addition to the menu.

Next time I'll not order ribs too. Portions are generous. The sauce and smoke on the ribs is quite strong... so I concentrated on savouring the brisket.

Would eat here again.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

My partner and I regularly visit here as it is one of our favourites. The food is always great and all of the waiting staff so friendly considering it's always so busy. Portions are massive and well worth the money, definitely recommend to everyone!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Arranged to visit with a group of friends last week

This was the second time we were visiting and introducing our friends to the place. It didn't disappoint. I have a favorite on the menu, that being "The Ultimate" not for the feint hearted.

It includes a full rack of BBQ Ribs, Chicken Wings, Chicken Goujons, 2 Sliders, Cornbread, Portion of Chips and Coleslaw - Previously I had tried to eat the same dish with a Hangover but was unsuccessful. This time round however I managed to finish the whole thing inclusing one of the Sundaes they had on offer. I highly recommend this dish if you are extremely hungry but only then.

The menu offers a vast amount of what I would call American Comfort Food. Not badly priced although the Ultimate does come in at £19.99. Drinks are quite highly priced- Looking at the Menu a Pint of Peroni was £6! Although did see a number of offers on the black boards including buckets of bud for £15.

We had also planned on going to the cinema after our dinner but having ate too much I ended up with a Food Baby and needed to lie on the sofa instead - Not someone I will go back to straight away but for a relaxing and casual bite to eat after or before the Cinema.

I find the 3 Restaurants cater pretty much the same food in all 3 establishments - Unsure how all 3 do so much business considering the menus are so similar. Still good to see average prices with good quality.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Big portions and even bigger taste!

My friend and I stopped here for lunch as I had heard good reports about Sugar Ray's burgers!

I ordered the Pork Pit Boss Burger and was not disappointed, it was absolutely delicious!! It took me ages to eat as there was so much on my plate but I finished every last bite including the best sweet potato fries I've ever had!

I was really really impressed and I'll be telling everyone about this place. Can't wait to call again!!

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Visited with family members at Sunday teatime, place was packed, lucky to get seat. Food was excellent and plentiful, staff attentive, seating a little squished for six of us but we managed. Downsides- way too noisy and unfortunately they don't take booking under 10 people