“Great standard of food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Turned up as was a last min decision to go out for lunch, when asked if they had a table for 4 and confirmed had not booked, the waitress was clearly annoyed, but was too hungry didn't care. Seated us and took half a an hour to offer drinks. Didn't apologise but was friendly enough.
Food was gorgeous, all hot. Best standard of Chinese buffet food ever had. Almost everything was fresh. Nice decor. Older staff were nice to our daughter in the desert room, but when paying younger girl was abrupt, so service is hit and miss but because the food is great for the price we didn't care and will be going back. I'd rather that actually, than a fake conversation to try and coax a tip.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Once you get in they seem to rush you out, as once you eaten, you got someone taking your plate away, not a good experience, ruined the night, food not much kop as a waste of money, nothing fresh never go their again

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Now renamed Wok 1 Buffet. This was my first visit to this restaurant, although my wife, who took me as a treat, has been on several occasions in the past with her friends, and had said it was good. First impressions? Very good. Lovely and clean, nicely furnished and decorated, with the buffet station nicely laid out with a Tepenyaki station to the left hand side as you enter the area. We started with soup, chicken and sweetcorn for my wife, hot and sour for me. Next was the shredded duck with pancakes, sliced leeks and cucumber, and then a modest plate of the usual Chinese starter fare. After that I just had room for a small portion from the mains section, which was fried rice, Singapore noodles with a touch of Chinese chicken curry, which I am very partial to. There is a room set aside for a group meal or a celebration, with imitation terracotta warriors set in the back wall. The tiled floors look good, although I'm not sure that they are slip resistant when wet. Our reception was friendly and efficient, with a table being provided at once, it being only 5.30. Drinks are reasonable, with a pint of Sun Lik Chinese lager at £3.60, and a small white wine at £2.95. The buffet priced at £12.70 per person is very good value, but there is a full menu, with various banquets, A-D, ranging from £11.50 to £16.00 per head, with also a vegetarian banquet. A lovely first time experience for me, with a return visit planned for this Saturday.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

This is now called Wok1 Buffet and Food here was really good,the interior was very nice and the staff were really friendly on my visit there was a great selection of food on the buffet and the deserts were good too only issue was the tapenyaki grill was a bit slow but other than that it was really good and cheap. Cant wait to return

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Sometimes good sometimes quite poor.
Staff were slow and reluctant to refill the buffet, even after being asked.
Been going there years, but will not be going back after last Tuesday's visit.