See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 January 2018

need to stay in slidell la over night we stay at days inn very often this is by far the worst one yet the ice machine did not work no in room coffee (had to get dressed and go to lobby for a cup before shower) very very limited breakfeast selection bed side light did not work the owner should get hot and update this location would never stay here again whyndam should talk to owner

Room Tip: go to another location
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I made reservation online for my wife who was traveling West and the location suited the itinerary for one night. The reception was unpleasant, the room was dirty and the bathroom was unbearable. She checked out early just to get away and moved on to the next place to take a decent shower, she felt so icky.
She made me promise to warn others...

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We have made reservations to stay there because of the location was close to our families homes. I had just lost my grandfather and we were there the week before we stayed at a different Hotel. But because the views said that this was close to our family that's why we picked this one. When we got there it was around 8:30 p.m. the cost that I was given and was told was locked in was different from the cost of the room when we got there. But it was supposed to be secured and paid with my credit card. The lady told me that this is the cost and it was nothing else that can be done about it. With it being so late in the evening we were just too tired to fuss and we stayed in the room. We wanted to take showers and was told that the towels will be there bye 10:30 that night. And they were going to bring them to the room. We did not get towels Plus on top of that we had to go to the front to get towels. Which the lady was reluctant to give us. It was me and my son that was sharing the room. We went to Walmart and purchase towels. We were there from Thursday night till Sunday morning at 4 a.m. we were trying to beat the storm. Initially at hotels they clean your tub and toilet I purposely left a piece of the Soap Box in the tub to see if they clean the tub out. Which they didn't it was a rubber band on the floor next to the bed which I left on the floor. To see if someone would vacuum the room. No-one vacuumed. So this is why I wish I had went to the other Hotel instead of going to this one. The people were rude and usually I always give a positive report this time I cannot. The sad part the rudeness to people who are going through something already was a bit overwhelming. It's sad to say I could tell the prejudiceness. I don't use that as an excuse because I don't see color when I deal with people. My family is very diverse, and we were taught to love everybody. I just feel if you're going to be in the hospitality business you need to treat people all people with respect. I'm not saying fall all over them. But a courteous smile, trying to make your customers comfortable. It goes a long way. I will be more easier to look over internet problems and the other issues that was going on in that room. If they were just polite. Sorry I'm not able to give a more positive View. But since some people in there of different nationalities. And you'll see what I'm talking about. Thank you for giving me a chance to speak! I know it's probably more than what you wanted.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I have never wrote such a horrible review out of hundreds of reviews on this site. However I hold certain brands higher then others, and obviously Wyndham got stuck with this property.

It was midnight and I just happened to be north of Slidell when I booked this room. I was unable to read the reviews and only chose it because it was a Wyndham property. But I guess Wyndham brand does nice property anymore. I am unsure if this room was even cleaned after the last guest left. There were toothpics on the floor along with nail clippings and hair. The fitted sheet did not fit and exposed a very dirty bed. Since it was after 1 am we did not hassle about changing rooms. We carried our luggage back to the car after seeing the room. We fell asleep, showered and left at 7 am. The bed was comfortable or we were just that tired.

The room could have passed as an abandoned hotel room in a movie. I would never personally stay at this property again even if it was free.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aeeo73
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Got reservation through app. Because of 'cruise the coast' I had to press on to Slidell. The clerk was quite helpful. first room was filled with mold smell. Clerk accommodated me and I was moved. No coffee maker in room. Oh well, Starbucks was across the street. It is an older property for sure. I was up and out of there before 7am. With all that is available, restaurants, shops etc.surrounding this property and the hotel next door. The hotel didn't match the neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business