“A true taste of the New Orleans style”

Bayou Country General Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Slidell
More attraction details
Owner description: Bayou Country is all things Louisiana and other cool stuff! We're making the best Pralines everyday and you'll enjoy browzing our huge selection of unique art, gifts and treasures. Our Cafe is open from 11-5 so come enjoy a great shopping and dining experience! Store hours are Mon-Sat 9-5:30 or so. We are located on the service road of I-10...Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Best pralines around, always a good selection of interesting gift items, I make this place a "must shop" at Christmas time. Good food in the café, but only open for lunch.

All reviews
"turtles"
in 4 reviews
"bayou"

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Wasn't sure this place was open when we arrived. There were only two cars in a huge parking lot. The store is neat and clean, but a lot of open space, like they have more room than things to sell. They do have the advertised pralines, which are good - Not French Quarter good - but good. There are lots of jams, jellies, books and art. However, overall I was disappointed. Not quite sure how to explain, but the store just didn't seem to have any life. I was ready to go about two seconds after walking in the door. I will say that if you forgot to buy some kind of souvenir while you were in New Orleans, you can probably find it here. But the place lacks any real charm that sets it apart and makes you want to come back. Sorry Bayou Country General Store.

1  Thank MamaFrank
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I've tried going to this place 5 times and I can't figure out how they stay open. On 4 visits, they were closed with an empty parking lot during regular daytime business hours, not on a holiday or anything. Another time found my way to the gift shop but getting hot food was not an option. I'm not sure why this place is here or what they are trying to accomplish. It looks like a rest area for tourists from the road, but you get inside and it's more like a museum gift shop, full of stuffed animals and pricey Louisiana food-related gifts (like pralines) for sale. Does not remind me of a "General Store" in any way. The name doesn't make sense and the hours are too short.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I went here for pralines to take home for various friends & family. They had all the popular flavors and then some. I prefer the original and their recipe did not disappoint. Yum!

There were many souvenirs, from cutsie to nice. All were either a little or a lot expensive.

1  Thank IDKwhoIare