All reviewsnetflix accountmodern hotelfree breakfastwould stay againbreakfast itemsfitness centeroatmealfull kitchenhome away from homeone night staynew orleansfront deskhot breakfastnext morninggreat hotelquantitiesamenities
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I am only writing this review to caution future guests; I had room 414 booked two weekends ago (7/7/17) with three other guests. The room appeared very clean when we checked in, and albeit we could have inspected both beds, we felt comfortable with the cleanliness of the rooms after a quick visual inspection and trusted the reputation and standards of Marriott hotels. We checked in at about 7 PM, freshened up, and went out for the night. We returned to the hotel room late in the night, and as we were getting ready for bed, we noticed a bug crawling on one of us who had already fallen asleep. We killed it, and as soon as we saw the blood on the tissue we had no doubt it was bedbugs. As you can see in the first picture I attached, this bug is alarmingly big. Unfortunately, out of a prior hotel experience, I knew to take pictures, and look for more bugs. Sure enough, as we pulled back the sheets and examined the mattresses, we found more live bugs in both beds. As soon as we did we packed our belongings and contacted the front desk, to which the concierge essentially told me there was nothing she could and wanted do about it. We did not even get to sleep in the room let alone enjoy the room stay for the intended duration.

This is such a shame, please do not stay here! Do not risk it, the size of that first bug we found was signifying of the length of the bugs' tenure in these beds, and knowing how fast these bugs spread, it is very possible this isn't the only room affected. We also found a dead bedbug with eggs dried onto the side of the bed-skirt (also pictured) which in my opinion is the worst detail of all of this. This is a ridiculous oversight by whoever is responsible for upholding the dignity of guest-to-hotel relationships. Management should maintain proper standards on this issue above all others; the insidious nature of these bugs will cause damage to hotel AND personal property and more importantly our health, from us to whoever else has stayed and will stay in that room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vanessavilchez4
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed here on our way home from a 10 day trip to Florida. This is the 4th hotel on the trip and hands down the nicest and the MOST comfortable beds. I mean, the beds are something to write home about! The entire place looks brand new (it may be) and the rooms are huge! Extremely clean. The staff is nice. Starbucks across the street and right off the interstate. What more could you ask for?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
AngelHayes-GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites Slidell on your way home, we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Slidell.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I want to start by saying the hotel is nice, new, and in a great location. The rooms are new and comfortable.

My best friend and I went Slidell for a buddy’s wedding. During checkout, my best friend had accidentally left the wedding card he was going to give to our friend, on the kitchen table in the room. While waiting for a ride outside he noticed it was missing and ran upstairs to retrieve it. The two people cleaning the room denied involvement as the card was found in the trash, ripped open, and the cash removed. The staff had the nerve to say I maybe stole the money from my best friend, who I sever with overseas and have been brothers with for 13 years. I’ve been a platinum Member for 8 years with SPG and now Marriott. I expect loyalty in return. I didn’t receive it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
AngelHayes-GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. The police were notified of this matter and spoke to both parties involved. I am sorry for your misfortune and frustration. I have shared your message appropriately within our organization.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

The hotel is in a great location and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and clean with most anything you would need for an extended stay. The front desk staff was friendly and they had ample safe parking. The exterior has several areas to sit outside at night that were a welcomed surprise.

Room Tip: Close to New Orleans at a much better rate than in the city
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AngelHayes-GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. On behalf of our entire staff at TownePlace Suites Slidell we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed overnight for work. The place is clean, quiet and well maintained. The lobby area is bright, airy and perfect to hang out or work from. Wifi is free and the prices reasonable. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2018
AngelHayes-GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

We are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites Slidell and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Slidell.