All reviews cracker barrel newly renovated property hot and cold options waffle mix the breakfast area mexican restaurant quiet room staff was super nice hotel is great waffles waffle maker enjoyable stay sized bed front desk clerk continental breakfast clean hotel recommend this hotel to anyone
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We traveled to Shreveport for a wedding, so it was only for the weekend. The beds in this hotel should have been replaced years ago! I'm glad we only stayed one night because my back has been hurting ever since!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank crystal k
Yentl W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear Crystal K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your unpleasant stay with us and for the horrible mattress in your room. If you could, can you please give me a call so that you can share more information regarding the room you occupied. I have shared your feedback with my engineer team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Shreveport.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Friendly service, clean rooms, free wi-fi, located near the interstate and Walmart, and a good breakfast with hot and cold options. The building is secure.
The only thing some may not like is that it's next to a convenience store with late-night customers

Date of stay: August 2016
Yentl W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear CDF81,

Thank you for taking time to share the experience of your recent stay through our guest survey. I was delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and that our rooms were clean and the breakfast was good! We love to get such positive feedback from our guest, and I will definitely share this with the team to let them know that you appreciated them.

If I may be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. We look forward to serving you again hopefully very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I've stayed here several times in the last two years. It generally is a good, convienient place to stay, but seems to be on a downward trajectory. The staff is friendly, and seem anxious to please. The rooms are average size, and the beds are comfortable. It seems tired and in need of updating, though...the chair in the room was badly stained, and the furniture had scratches and nicks. There was supposed to be a mini fridge in the room, but there was just an empty hole with dust and trash there, When we mentioned it to the desk people, they seemed surprised and mystified as to why there was no mini fridge. Breakfast was available, but we always walk to the Cracker Barrel next door for breakfast so I can't comment on it's quality. Overall, not a bad hotel, but it could be better...

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Yentl W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you for taking time to share the experience of your recent stay. Your feedback is truly valuable.

I was delighted to learn that your overall stay was wonderful. However, you also mentioned the fridge in your room was missing and that our hotel is dated. I do apologize that this issue occurred during your stay. I know it must have dampened what otherwise sounded like a pleasant stay. The room that was assigned to you should have been placed out of order, and I apologize that did not happen.

We look forward to serving you again and hopefully in a newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Hotel is fortunately located between Cracker Barrel restaurant and Murphy oil gas station, both are magnets for travelers. Thus, Fairfield Inn gets a big plus for location. On the other hand, its reply to repeated hotel guests that note hotel needs a face lift is a constant reassurance that they know it and will do it...but that reply has been a broken record for quite a while now. YES, this hotel needs renovation...they should do it now...if capital is the issue, start part of the wing of the hotel and continue with other parts of the hotel as funds are available. Breakfast is basic, cleaning the aged interior is satisfactory, parking is a wrap around configuration. Walmart is also nearby...walking distance. Repeat, location is a strength for this hotel but it has been laggard in renovation and sprucing up its income producing asset...

Room tip: ask front desk for room away from heavy local traffic and nearby I-20.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Yentl W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport with us.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas, which we look forward to in the near future. I will most definitely share your thoughts and concerns with above property management.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport on your next visit to Shreveport so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here Friday night. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.
The front desk staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. It is close to several restaurants which was convenient. Also close to Walmart. It is not close to downtown but that really didn't matter.
We would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lolly58,

Thank you for taking time to share the experience of your recent stay through our guest survey. Your feedback is truly valuable.

I was delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful stay and that our front desk staff was helpful and friendly! We love to get such positive feedback from our guest, and I will definitely share this with the team to let them know that you appreciated them.