“Timing is the key!”

Athena Greek and Lebanese Grill
Ranked #56 of 519 Restaurants in Shreveport
Reviewed 13 November 2016

I walked in to this restaurant with the intention of ordering to go, as I did not have the luxury of time to sit and enjoy a meal. I was delighted when then the nice young lady working the front told me I could get the buffet to go. Now, I am fully aware that hitting a lunch buffet at 3 pm can be very disappointing, but I gave it a try. As expected, the fried eggplant, Schwarma chicken and the Gyro meat were pretty dry. Still there were plenty of other delightful things to choose from. I don't recall the the name of the stew that was offered, but it was a well spiced combo of beef and potatoes. The Falafel and rice were tasty, also. Amazingly enough, they pack you a salad with the to go buffet. (also included was a nice sack of pita bread) The real star of the show was that back table with all the extras, dolmas, baba ganoush, tzaziki, tabouli, Mediterranean salad and hummus. And, nice surprise, a little raspberry jam filled dessert. I was so happy, I almost forgot to get a Lebanese tea to go, but the aforementioned young lady had me fixed up in a hurry. Next time I'll tip you, I promise! You cannot find a better deal in Mediterranean food than this, even if your timing is off.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed the gyro plate with large side of tabouli, hubby got the vegetarian plate with wonderful smoky baba ganoush. Enjoyed a nice bottle of red wine with the Neal that we were allowed to bring in for no charge. Our nice waiter Skyler even thoughtfully provided a cork screw and glasses. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal there and will be back!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I ate here last night and had a wonderful server. He was very quick and efficient. The food was fantastic. I WILL return Ask for Abraham

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Staff was friendly, resturant clean, and the food not bad. Had a okay selection, including desert and Greek yoghurt for your pita bread. Not a bad price for the buffet.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I've eaten at the Athena's on line avenue plenty of times with family and it was always a good experience. This was my first time eating at this Athena's. I'm a fan of their food and when we go we usually order the sampler to get a variety of dishes. You can imagine my excitement when I heard they now had a buffet! I was curious to try it out because while the made to order portions are very filling, there's certain dishes that you want a bit more of over the others. We stopped by yesterday around 1:15 and I'm happy to see that the buffet has pretty much everything that comes with the sampler: gyros, baba ganoush, Grecian dip, Schwarma chicken, salad, olives, hummus, pita bread, rice, and more! Everything was delicious although some of it was cooling off---that was our fault--- the rule of any buffet is to get there early! Lol The guy who bought our drinks to the table was very polite and we left with full bellies. I will say prior to going I read some other reviews and called to see what food was available for the buffet, and I was told that baklava was a part of it. The guy told me that we'd have to pay extra for that when I asked about it yesterday, but it's no big deal. I can try that some other day, for a total of $13.15 after tax we ate good and I'm satisfied with that! I'd highly recommend!