All reviews extra points couple miles close to the airport free breakfast the breakfast area breakfast was excellent room was clean front desk staff nice stay hie interstate cici noise pillows furnishings texas truck
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I've stayed at. When requesting the roon type the lady over the phone guest service rep sounded put out. When checking in I had to wait since the front desk person was sitting in the pool area. I wasnt told where anything in the hotel was. Was told to park on the wrong side of the building. The key entry didn't work and had to walk around the entire building with luggage look for the elevator and then had to move my car when I was told to park in the opposite side. The floor had multiple stains and was so dirty I did not want to take my shoes off. The sheets had holes in them the TV changer was so dirty the buttons stuck. The room smell like mold and the dust was so sick in the AC unit that it was white. The sheets had holes in them. In the shower floor was black in areas. I would have informed the front desk when I left like the note under my door suggested I do if my stay was was bad bit that morning there was no CSR at the front desk to tell so after waiting over 5 minutes I just left. I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a Thursday night before flying out very early on Friday morning. Hotel is a little hard to get to. My room was OK. Carpet and furnishings were a little old and dated. Didn't have time to try the free breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Hi Douglas H,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving feedback. I'm glad to know that you found the room adequate. I also took note of your comments about the tired carpet and decor so that our hotel can look into these areas of opportunity. I'm sorry for the letdown. We hope that you can enjoy breakfast next time you visit!

See you soon,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

When we checked in last night, we found that they have a really high pet fee. No discount for Priority Club members like others we stayed in.

Won't stay here again. Changed our plans for a return trip next week.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hi Dacia R,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and leaving us feedback.

I am sorry to learn that you found our pet fee did not meet your expectations. I welcome your comments and I will have them shared with our hotel owners for reference.

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and we look forward to serving you on your next travel in the area.

Regards,

Anne A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 October 2017

WE did have a few issues - a light out in the bath room, pull for the shower did not work, sink drained slowly. But as I told the lady at check out about these issues, she was writing a work order out for maintenance. She also apologized for our inconvenience and gave us some extra points. Now that was customer service!!! Thank you Angie!
BEd was comfortable. I love HIE pillows and due to that have purchased a few years ago their soft pillow so this was like being in my own bed.
Room was large, AC noise at acceptable levels. Breakfast was standard fare but hot and kept full.
While is is near the airport, the planes did not bother us.
What did bother us was the guy sitting his car backed in smoking a joint and drinking whatever from a brown bag when we got there. He may have been waiting for someone who worked there but it gave us a bad feeling
The lady at the front desk did give us a fabulous recommendation for a seafood restaurant close by - Anthony's Steak and Seafood.... Loved the food!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

It's been 15 years since I've stayed at this property and I must say the management has kept the property in superb shape. Everything from the conditions of the rooms, lobby and breakfast area to the outside grounds.

Unfortunately, the property is located by the Shreveport airport. If it's not the very worst neighborhood in Shreveport then you would have to really like to find it. I was concerned about leaving my truck in the parking lot but everything was OK. Very sad to see because you can tell the owners have made a big commitment to upkeep the property, not just to IHG standards, but for any hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business