Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
All reviewshi expressextra pointscouple milesclose to the airportonly stayed one nightroom was cleanhotel is locatedhot breakfastnice stayhieinterstatenoisepillowstruckclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Got here on a very hot evening, the room looked like it needed renovation, smelled like a cigar smoker had just left, and despite the a/c on high, it felt damp...even the carpeting felt damp when I walked on it.

Don't think I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Hi marieetiennef,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. It is regrettable that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay with us due to the AC issues. We have shared your comments with the management team and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments and look forward to serving you better next time.

Best Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Wanted to stay my last night of my two week stay closer to the airport​. This is an excellent location since it is just outside the entrance. Lady at the counter was very good, room was clean. Not a bad stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed here twice. Once on the way to Texas and again on the way back. Welcoming staff. Very friendly. Very nice rooms, lobby and property. Really easy on/off interstate which I love and not in too busy of an area. Breakfast to IHG standards. Would stay here again and again!! The only improvement would be to keep towels stocked in pool area....

Room Tip: Side away from interstate
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shawn M
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stay somewhere else! This was the worst! We were initially placed in a room that smelled horrible, like urine-- it was gross! My husband went and complained and the front desk clerk gave us a different room that wasn't much better. Never again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hi Krystal M,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. I am so sorry to see you did not fully enjoy your overall experience with us due to the unusual smell in the first room you received. However, I'm glad to learn the Front Desk was able to resolve your concern.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. I hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of an experience you'll be sure to remember.

Connie D

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Bad experience, they put me on the 4 the floor. A big mess from being remodeled. Had a awful smell on the whole floor and in the room. Pics are from outside elevator in hall. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Hi Valued Guest,

Thanks for leaving feedback about your recent overnight at the Holiday Inn Express Shreveport - West, LA. It's disconcerting to learn that your stay was a dismay on several aspects especially in terms of the hotel's overall upkeep. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and the photos and be assured that this will be communicated to the management so we may immediately address areas that need additional attention.

Since your account restricts us from sending you a private message, please send us an email to IHGService@ihg.com at your most convenient time with your contact information, complete booking details with confirmation number/stay dates, additional pertinent details of what transpired, and the actions taken by hotel management to address your concerns.

Once more, thanks for choosing us for your lodging needs and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,