“Good Seafood in North Louisiana”
Review of Oyster Bar

Oyster Bar
Ranked #30 of 567 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 August 2016

When I was a kid there was no comparison between the seafood you could get in south Louisiana (closer to the Gulf of Mexico) and north Louisiana. Seafood was largely an afterthought among restaurants in Shreveport unless you went to a place like Abe's where they made routine runs to the gulf. Elsewhere, the boiled seafood was pretty much non-existent (along with raw oysters) and you had the impression the fried shrimp, for example, might have been the same you might have gotten in Montana or somewhere. I say all this to point to the fact that the Oyster Bar in Shreveport is like stepping into a small bistro in Lafayette, which is to say, the food is really comparable. I really like this little place and plan to go there again next week when I am in the area. The food and service were both very good and the place was crowded. I had the grilled oysters champagnes and they were excellent. The shrimp Po-boy was really good and came with what appeared to be and tasted like in-house cut fries. The restaurant is in a rather cramped and somewhat maze-like shopping center, however, the Oyster Bar has its own entrance off Line Avenue so I recommend entering there rather than off Pierremont.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

The used to be the perfect spot for dinner. Now it's over crowded, the service is terrible, food quality has gone downhill & prices have gone up!!

1  Thank TacticalBob
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Atmosphere is nice and the chips and hot sauce were great. Can't say as much for the other food we had. My "Angels" as they are listed on the menu were bacon wrapped mesquite grilled oysters. They were mostly bacon. I unwrapped one and had a hard time locating a very small piece of oyster and got a shell in one. Bacon not cooked well enough for me...very rubbery. My husband had the mesquite grilled oysters. They were pretty overdone causing them to be hard to eat and he couldn't finish. My average rating is hopefully based on the cook having a bad day. Not a fan of this visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Good food and good service coupled with a cajun/gulf coast atmosphere. For my lunchtime visit, there was no wait, although the dining area was full. Obviously a place with a loyal following. Go ahead and give it a chance, I think you will have a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We have eaten here several times, this time the food was not up to par. First I got something in the salsa that looked like a hair, then my first bite of oyster I got a shell. The shrimp wasn't good the batter was falling off. Then the ketchup on the table had not been cleaned and had what looked like old mayo on it. Wow, needs a lot of attention to details. So we wouldn't recommend this place anytime soon!

Been to Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!