“The Perfect Steak..?”

Sportman's Paradise Cafe
Ranked #75 of 541 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American
Description: This cafe is located in the Eldorado Casino.
Description: This cafe is located in the Eldorado Casino.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is a nice place. My wife and I went there our last evening of the resort. There were plenty of advertising around boasting the Perfect Steak for like $7.95 or thereabouts. So.. The salad was great and the steak was no doubt good, but I'd be hard pressed to call it perfect. Just don't expect a $40 steak for $8.00. I have to slam their attempt at a Martini. I just wanted a plain Vodka Martini, slightly dirty... I think the server had to go out to the casino bar or something to get it.! It was not cold, I think if was just straight up Vodka, no Olives and not dirty at all. So... just do Ice Tea.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This was so laid back and friendly. Our server was especially friendly and helpful. We had salads and ribeyes that were cooked to perfection. We would highly recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Better than sex breakfast.

Time - breakfast at 10:40 am
Parking- self parking available across the street. Cafe located inside of el dorado casino on first floor.
Group size-party of 2

Wait time -none as the restaurant was full

Seating- cushioned comfortable circular booths and tables and chairs. Indoor seating only .

Environment-chatter of people eating. Music -relaxing and upbeat music playing, 2 TVs mounted on walls with 4 embedded in booths showing golf.

Room temperature- perfect not too hot or too cold. The fans were on but it was not chilly. So a jacket is not needed.

Service- The waitress was friendly. The wait for the food lasted for about 15 minutes. Check came out fast at 11:22.

Bread- none served or offered

Appetizer- none purchased

Drink-water and hot chocolate

Main course - southwest omelette with acacias jalapeño avocado and sausage pepper jack cheese with salsa, grits, 2 biscuits. Those buscuits are to die for. waitress came to check on us at 11:17 am. Food came out at 11:10. Food was hot fresh soft, flavorful colorful and plentiful. My eyes closed with each bite. So amazing. The buscuits melted in your mouth with each bite. Cheque came out at 11:22 am . Asked for 2 to go boxes for the remaining buscuits and grits and omelette.

Dessert- There is a lovely display case of a variety of desserts but none was purchased.

Cost- The food prices are reasonable -we had the southwest omelet and the hungry man breakfast. The price for each plate was about $10- which is reasonable. The cost of a meal for 2 was about $24. Left at 11:30 am.

Overall- I was quite impressed by the taste, service, speed, temperature and the quality of food and cost. Money well spent and calories not wasted.

Recommendation- I will definitely return and recommend to others. I also had dinner there but much preferred the breakfast though dinner prices are reasonable too.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

The food here was suprisingly good and a good value as well. We had chicken fried chicken, pork chops and several chinese dishes. Would recommend all.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This steak special made our overnight stay great. What an unreal price for everything you receive. It was delicious