See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We had read "other" reviews and because we had our 2 dogs with us, we took a chance. On first glance we were pleased with the updated rooms with wood floor and new bathroom. However, bed linens and easy chair were stained, wood floor was filthy, half of the lights and microwave didn't work, no hairdryer, breakfast and shampoos. Very noisey into the early morning. Won't stay again no matter price.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in in the middle of the night exhausted from driving. I was told there was only one room left. Unfortunately I made the mistake of paying for the room without seeing it first. My friends and I walked into the and the first thing that hit me was the smell! Moldy, Musty and Mildewy nightmare. Our shoes stuck to the floor, which was grimy and had chips and a ball of hair. Unbelievably gross! I needed to use the bathroom and went to go, I then went to flush the toilet and it wouldn't work. I lifted the lid thinking that the chain had slipped off and when I opened it there was black mold everywhere. The float in the tank was broken. I called the front desk and said the toilet wouldn't work. The lady working the front desk couldn't fix the toilet either. The room was so dirty and filthy, but the non functioning toilet was the final straw. I demanded my money back, but the manager refused and that the room was non refundable per their policy and the sign on the front desk, but the non function plumbing/toilet and the horrific filthiness negates that waiver. This hotel needs to be reported and does not deserve to carry the Motel 6 name. I have contested the charges, reported the hotel and will blast ever social media, yelp, TripAdvisor outlet I can. I will not rest until I get my money back for a hotel I didn't even stay in and was literally there less than 10 min. I have never, in 43 years, ever walked out of a hotel because of the conditions.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank acornoyer
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel sign states "deluxe pillowtop beds", but economy airline pillows have far more cushion than the wooden mattresses here. The small refrigerator was barely cool at best and filled with mold. Our room door didn't even lock. There were stains on the bed cover. When my nephew walked to the far side of the bed, he cut his leg on the jagged frame recycled from the conversion to helltel 6,which quickly turned an extremely mediocre night in to a screaming child. When mentioned this to the staff, they stated there was no way to report the incident. It was just bad luck on our part. Our room did not have a smoke detector, alarm clock or phone. The water presure in the shower was barely adequate to wet a baby's diaper.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2017

This is now a motel 6. We enjoyed our stay very much. I don't understand the negative reviews.The room we had was very clean and better then most value rooms. The staff was awesome and very kind. I just wish motel 6 would start serving breakfast. We come to S-Port a lot and think we have found our new motel. Thank You Motel 6

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family