All reviews bar area top floor wedding reception buffet style wedding guests wedding venue family room bed was very comfortable stayed one night breakfast staff couldn't do enough evening meal staff were helpful cooked breakfast good nights sleep marie gym
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We have just arrived back from a weekend trip here. The hotel itself is very clean but a bit tired in places. The tub chair in our room had a couple of splits across the back and looked a bit unsightly. The only real criticism of this hotel really is the food situation. What a shambles. The staff were helpful enough but the food itself was something entirely different. The choice for coach parties is not really good enough. They ran out of gravy at the evening meal , breakfast they ran out of eggs and I finished my breakfast before they came out again. Buffet breakfast only work if the food is available in the first place obviously. I didn't like any of the unusual starters for the evening meal i.e. black pudding etc and therefore didn't have any and then had to wait a long time before I could get my main meal as the buffet was not available yet. The dessert was forgotten about as we had to pre order and it was brought to our tables but we had to ask for it after the restaurant was nearly empty. The kitchen need to get a grip and get the timing issues sorted out. The food itself was cooked lovely. I would stay here again and hopefully next time the issues would be sorted out.

Room tip: Rooms around the back were very quite and we had a good nights sleep.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mrstripps
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Mr Stripps

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I will ensure your comments are shared with the Chef and the team.

Once again many thanks

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Spent 3 months here from July till October. The hotel is dated and the food is questionable at times but it was the staff that made my stay enjoyable. They went out there way to make sure I had exactly what I needed and it was never any trouble for them. They took time to get to know me and I was generally sad to have left them and the hotel. A massive thank you to Julie and Rhiannon on breakfast, Ashley and Laura on reception and Katie, Monica, Irene, Chris and James!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Starzz57

Dear Grant,

Many thanks for the review and we are missing you guys already.

Yours
Eric

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here at the end of September on business. Stayed in twin room (alone) on top floor of the annex building that is adjacent to the main hotel building.

Room was clean but very dated. Paint peeling off in bathroom above the wash basin. Modern TV but was a small room considering it was a twin.

Cooked breakfast was average at best. Buffet style. Bacon and sausages undercooked which really ruins it for me.

Dinner experience much better. £16 for cheeseburger and chips is a little excessive though. Lovely burger however but chips too chunky for my liking. White chocolate ice cream was wonderful.

Nice experience overall. Just don't expect newly refurbished rooms.

Trip type: Travelled on business
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Dave F,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bolton Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive both positive and negative feedback.

I am pleased to say we have just completed the public area refurbishment which looks great and we are hoping to start the next wave of investment in the bedrooms next year.
For future reference we do skinny fries (or sweet potato fries) as well as the hand cut chunky chips

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope that you give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel as part of a coach party visiting Liverpool.
Very nice room. Clean and comfortable.
Slight problem with trying to flush the toilet.
Staff did sort it out straight away.
But still had problems with it the next couple of days.
Cooked breakfast very nice. Help yourself. Also mixed fruits, yoghurts and cereals.
Shame about the main evening meal.
If the chef had left the pork loins in the oven any longer, we could have re-soled our shoes with them.
Overall. Nice hotel. Shame about the food.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ellie1hampshire,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay here at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback and I will share all your comments with the team and the Chef as its not like him.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 10 days we found the staff friendly and helpful.
There was a few issues with our accommodation but they were fixed immediately.
I was a bit annoyed I was ignored by a staff member last Sunday because he was busy texting on his phone to even acknowledge us all I wanted was a coffee, but this was 1 person everyone else was great.
I would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear cheekiebear,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share all your comments with the team, including the one that let his colleagues and the hotel down.

Yours Sincerely,