“Excellent”

Mama's Fried Chicken
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Opelousas
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Simply the best fried food in town. Not only is their children terrific, fried shrimp and shrimp poboys are wonderful, as are their salads. If you're looking for terrific fried food and skip this place, its your loss.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

EVERY TIME I drive through Louisiana on my way back to Houston, I detour into Opelousas to go to Mama's Fried Chicken. I have never tasted chicken salad as good as theirs and their homemade lemonade is to die for. I ONLY post reviews that I am passionate about and I have to tell you that there is nothing on their menu that you won't like. Mama's is the BEST!!!

1  Thank Trazon M
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Fried chicken is not usually an item of significance, especially in a small town. Mama's is a sensational exception! The chicken is simply wonderful: expertly seasoned while not too spicy, cooked perfectly and served promptly. The onion rings are sensational: also battered with a piquant yet not too spicy batter and fried exactly right. Top it all off with rapid and excellent service and moderate prices and one has the perfect place for lunch or an informal dinner.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I have been wanting to eat at this place for years. Today was the day.

I am a huge fried chicken connoisseur. I live in New Orleans, and we have some good fried chicken.

This place is great. The real deal. If you are a tourist in Opelousas you should try this place out.

Food A
Service A
Choices A

I had the 2 piece mixed with fried okra. Very tasty.

1  Thank DiamondDoug44
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I go to Mama's occasionally. Yesterday was not a good experience. Staff in drive through rude, the bun of the cheeseburger was soaked and thin as a sheet. Not good at all. It tasted like it had been made awhile. Not fresh. I have had better and hope this was just a one time problem. Time before this I had the fish sandwich, same thing and the fish was really over cooked and hard. Come on guys.