“Small Town Diner with Great Service”
Review of The Palace Cafe

The Palace Cafe
Ranked #13 of 69 Restaurants in Opelousas
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We stopped in for dinner while visiting family. They're celebrating 90 years at this location and we enjoyed their basic plates. Service was great and the food was tasty.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I visited this restaurant years ago for lunch when I served on jury duty. The food is very good. It's been so long that I don't exactly remember what I ordered. I believe it was either a hamburger steak and red beans and rice; however, it was delicious.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Was not disappointed in the breakfast. New manager is very nice and trying to bring this place back. Just love diners like this.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

First, there is no real parking lot. We had to walk 2 blocks, for an individual with limitations it wasn't really worth the walk

It is under new management. Other than me and my husband there was two other couples. It was around 1 pm.

We both ordered the catfish with etoufee on top. It was okay, not the best I've ever had/ The menu said the salad had cheese, lettuce and tomato. There was no cheese.

When we got our bill, it was confusing. I think they actually under billed us which was fine by me.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

This is a very plain cafe across the street from the Court House. I made the mistake of stopping in for lunch. Server was BAD - very inattentive (I sat and waited while she chatted with customers who came in after I did), slow and very curt. I ordered a seafood dish which (per the menu) came with tarter sauce and a salad with honey mustard dressing. Waitress finally brought out my food and told me they were out of tarter sauce and honey mustard. I should have refused the food but I just wanted to get out of there so I ate it. Food was very bland (and it's hard to screw up a side salad). One of my worse choices ever of a place to eat. Maybe the locals get good service.