“Terrible - Avoid”
Review of The Palace Cafe

The Palace Cafe
Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Opelousas
Reviewed 9 March 2017

This is a very plain cafe across the street from the Court House. I made the mistake of stopping in for lunch. Server was BAD - very inattentive (I sat and waited while she chatted with customers who came in after I did), slow and very curt. I ordered a seafood dish which (per the menu) came with tarter sauce and a salad with honey mustard dressing. Waitress finally brought out my food and told me they were out of tarter sauce and honey mustard. I should have refused the food but I just wanted to get out of there so I ate it. Food was very bland (and it's hard to screw up a side salad). One of my worse choices ever of a place to eat. Maybe the locals get good service.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Fried chicken is just like my mom's. Liver and onions is awesome. The homemade onion rings are wonderful!

Reviewed 22 December 2016

So we stopped here one evening just passing thru town. I had read some of the reviews and just thought maybe it couldn't be that bad. The one review that stuck with me the most was the one about the unhappiest waitress ever. Well she still works there and she's not helpful or friendly. I had a cheeseburger and fries. That was ok. My husband order chicken fried steak. It was the frozen patty kind you can buy at the grocery store. It came with 2 sides and all the sides consisted of different kinds of potatoes. It didn't even come with a roll, biscuit or a bread. Very disappointing. There was a TV behind the bar that you could see and it was on the ID channel. I'm sorry but at Christmas time I don't want to watch or listen to a TV show about people getting murdered and raped while I'm trying to eat dinner.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed my first visit to this cafe. We called ahead and ordered a special meal for my 91 year old dad whose health requires no salt. They prepared for him a fine plate of baked fish, steamed vegetables, and baked potato. The buffet food was well prepared and the other 4 of us were given excellent attention by our waitress. I am not sure why this is called the "Palace Cafe" because it is not "fine dining" but if you want good country cooking, this is the place for you.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Twice I have dined here for the lunch buffet and it has rated a tad under par. There have been no deserts on the bar at 1pm dinning times, The fried chicken rules and the okra and tomatoes are good, cube beef was tender. Wait staff seems antsy to remove the buffet items and clean up. This restaurant is an Opelousas landmark , but it needs fixing up.

1  Thank Stacey S