“Crawfish, crawfish, crawfish”

Coney Island Riverside
Ranked #10 of 231 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

While driving through Monroe, we searched for a place that served cajun food. It was not very crowded at 130 on a Sunday. You can sit outside under a tent awning where they sometimes play music, we chose to sit inside. Our server was friendly and although there weren't many tables inside, she waited on all of them. There were 3 other tables occupied and all had buckets of crawfish, potatoes and corn. You could order 3 lbs or 5 lbs. We ordered 5 lbs to share, along with some fried shrimp, catfish and oysters. The fried plates came with hush puppies and fries with gravy. All the food was served hot and tasted good.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

A bit pricey and your meal comes in a bag? This is the top level for Shrimp, potatoes and corn! While staying with my daughter she recommended this a must do, and I’ll pass it on Trip Advisor’s review post! While staying in the area you can also hear live bands at Coney Island Riverside on their outside patio!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

There on business and was told to go here for the crawfish. They didn't disappoint, had 5 lbs of crawfish and you have to try the fried snickers for dessert.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our son took us to this place. It's family style, loud and friendly with lots of paper towels on the tables. We split 5lb between two of us and it was just right. The flavor in the boil is outstanding and sticks to your lips for a long time after the meal. My wife had the pulled pork sandwich which was the best one I ever had (and I smoke my own and have them everywhere). The wait staff was very busy making sure we had everything we needed. Jared took excellent care of us. What a scene! I couldn't imagine a more "Louisiana" experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went by Friday night to get some mud bugs for dinner; no reservations needed or taken, large crowd outside eating crawfish & boiled shrimp. 7 in line at register. Seems like it is always crowded during crawfish season! The 5 # sack we got contained also boiled sweet corn & 3 new potatoes, all seasoned with the crawfish; they were small but well seasoned-not so hot as to burn your lips. Really good!

Been to Coney Island Riverside? Share your experiences!