“HOME COOKIN' IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT....”
Review of Kitchen Restaurant

Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 231 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I've been eating there for years. It is buffet style (not AYCE) but they pile your plate with several choices of meats, awesome vegetables, cornbread or roll and homemade dessert. They run daily specials. It's an old place with atmosphere. You will be in the serving line with judges, policemen, lawyers, all types of business men. If you can beat it, tell me where.....

Reviewed 21 June 2018

When I travel, especially when it comes to breakfast, I look for a local restaurant. No chain food! Found The Kitchen on TripAdvisor. Perfect! Awesome. Friendly peeps. Step back in time and enjoy a breakfast restaurant the way it was meant to be. Loved it.

My biz associate and I walked in and the hostess looked at us and said in the sweetest Louisiana, "Y'all are new here aren't you?"

Yes, Ma'am!

Three eggs over medium, grits, smoked sausage, toast and a coffee.

Don't miss it.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We were on a road trip and needed lunch. Instead of a chain restaurant, we used TripAdvisor to look for a likely place near the Interstate in Monroe, Louisiana.

We decided on Kitchen Restaurant. It's just a few blocks north of I-20 with plentiful free parking. This is NOT a place that we would go to w/o TripAdvisor. It is straight out of the 40's. The food, which was a buffet on Saturday, was simple southern country cooking but absolutely exquisite. Nothing fancy,, but fresh with honest polite service.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I like to go get a home style coked meal r just order a Cheeseburger and fries. Some of the nicest people here with the exception of Teresa

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We don't go often but this is place the locals go for breakfast and lunch. Great food in an old building near downtown. No fears all the law enforcement agency folks eat here. Check it out!